You are here
Our Care Team
Transplant surgeons specialize in transplantation and perform your transplant surgery. Our surgeons are trained to manage all stages of transplantation, including management of your immunosuppressive regimen. Transplant surgeons may also perform dialysis access surgeries as well as general surgery on dialysis and transplant patients.
- Sandip Kapur, M.D., F.A.C.S., Chief, Division of Transplant Surgery
- Joseph Del Pizzo, M.D.
- Samuel T. Sultan, M.D.
- Rebecca Craig-Schapiro, M.D.
Transplant nephrologists specialize in disorders of the kidneys. Nephrologists will help manage your condition before and after the surgery.
- Choli Hartono, M.D.
- Jun B. Lee, M.D.
- Manikkam Suthanthiran, M.D.
- Darshana Dadhania, M.D.
- Muthukumar Thangamani, M.D.
- John R. Lee, M.D.
Other Specialized Physicians may evaluate you before transplantation, help in your management during and after transplant, and make recommendations to the team. These may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cardiologist: physicians who specialize in the diagnosis and management of heart conditions.
- Endocrinologist: physicians who specialize in diabetes and management of other endocrine problems such as thyroid disorders
- Hematologist: physicians who specialize in disorders of the blood such as excessive bleeding or blood clots
- Hepatologist: physicians who specialize in disorders of the liver and management of infections such as hepatitis B or hepatitis C
- Infectious disease specialist: physicians who specialize in the diagnosis management of infections such as HIV
- Psychiatrist: physicians who specialize in mental health disorders and problems with addiction
Transplant Coordinators and Clinical Staff
Transplant coordinators are healthcare professionals who organize your pre-transplant evaluation. The transplant coordinator will provide patient education, and coordinates the diagnostic testing and maintenance on the waiting list. Each patient waiting for a transplant is assigned to a specific transplant coordinator who will serve as the patient's primary contact with the transplant team.
- Judith Hambleton, RN, CCTC, Chief Transplant Coordinator
- Maria Abreu-Goris, RPA-C, Manager, Clinical Operations
- Rachel Martin, RN, BSN, CCTC, Senior Transplant Coordinator
- Chelle Lou Almirante, RN, BSN
- Dominique Ambrosio, RN, BSN
- Eliza Bensley, RN, BSN
- Vanessa Forzano, RN, BSN
- Arielle Nelson, RN, BSN, CCTC
- Sophie Shachter, RN, BSN
- Jenna Vaughan, RN, BSN
- Aliza Wakneen, RN, BSN
- Jennifer Kirschenbaum, RN, BSN
- Tyler Chapman, RN, BSN
Transplant Clinical Staff
Physician assistants work with the transplant surgeons and nephrologists to manage the care of transplant candidates and recipients in both the pre-transplant, inpatient and post-transplant settings.
- Samantha Adelsberg, RPA-C
- Maureen Beale, RPA-C, MS
- Nishell Jungra, RPA-C
- Jehona Marku-Podvorica, RPA-C, MS
- Natalie Kretzer, PA-C, RD
- Parmjeet Kaur, PA-C
Nutritionists help you meet your nutritional needs before and after the transplant. They work closely with you to develop and reach goals such as weight loss, when appropriate.
- Molly Cleary, MS, RD, CDN, CNSC
Social workers will help you and your family deal with many issues that may arise including lodging and transportation, finances, insurance, and legal issues.
- Farrah Desrosiers, LCSW, CCTSW
- Alicia Henry, LCSW
- Laura Bell, LMSW
- Jaime Sandler, LMSW
Clinical pharmacists assist the transplant team in designing your medication regimen, teach you about your transplant medications and help to manage your medication regimen throughout the transplant process.
- Jennifer (Hanna) Lee, PharmD, BCPS
- Esther Liu, PharmD
Financial coordinators work with you and your insurance company to evaluate your ability to undergo transplant and manage the costs of your transplant medications.
- Kimberly Delgado
- Jen Fojas
- Sheena Geran
- Julie Krupa
Clinical research and transplant quality personnel educate you about opportunities to participate in research studies available to transplant patients and coordinate your care if you choose to participate in a research study. They also monitor the transplant program to ensure it is meeting regulatory requirements.
- Meredith Aull, PharmD
- Melissa Douglas, MS, RN
- Katherine Rhee, RN
- Marion Simonsen
Transplant Administrative Staff
- Program Manager: Allison Hoffman