Gastroenterology and Hepatology at David H. Koch Center
Digestive care physicians (gastroenterologists and surgeons) at the David H. Koch Center provide diagnostic and therapeutic medical, endoscopic, and surgical services on an outpatient basis. Multidisciplinary clinics focus on:
· Esophageal, stomach, and other foregut disorders
· Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD: Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
· Weight loss and fatty liver disease
· Colon cancer genetics
· General gastrointestinal care
· Ancillary services from the Center for Advanced Digestive Care, such as nutritional guidance, genetic counseling, social work, and telehealth for follow-up visits
Patients may receive non-chemotherapy infusion therapies — such as biologic therapies for IBD — in the new, comfortable Infusion Center.
● Endoscopic screening for gastroesophageal reflux disorder (GERD)
● Flexible sigmoidoscopy/pouchoscopy
● Rectal ultrasound
● Some outpatient endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) procedures
● GI examinations that require anesthesia
● Endobariatric (weight loss) surgery, such as endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty
● Hemorrhoid treatment with banding/ligation
● Treatment of fistulas (fistulotomy)
● Treatment of anal fissures with fissurectomy
● Placement of a sacral nerve stimulator for fecal incontinence
● Incision or drainage of abscesses
● Biopsies and excision of anal skin tags
Weill Cornell Medicine/NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital opened the David H. Koch Center in April 2018. Located on 1283 York Avenue between East 68th and 69th Streets, this innovative facility offers individualized, integrated outpatient care—from diagnosis to treatment to aftercare.
The David H. Koch Center aims to make the patient and family experience stress free and convenient with:
● Private waiting and recovery rooms
● “Smartband” technology to map itineraries
● Restaurant-quality food onsite
● Mobile app to coordinate all components of care
What Our Patients Are Saying
"Dr. Scherl is the BEST gastroenterologist on the east coast. She is thoughtful knowledgeable understanding. She practices up to date evidenced based care. Dr. Scherl ultimately saved my life along with a superb surgical colleague. She listens to her patients with her ears and eyes!! Dr Scherl is dedicated and provides only high quality safe effective medical care. I travel from other states to see the best!!"
"Dr Lieberman performed hernia repair surgery on me. I really liked him and his staff. They run a tight ship and were always there to help me after surgery especially his RN, Barbara. Dr Lieberman is sharp and quite experienced. He knew exactly what questions I had and I felt like he cared. I'm not very trusting but I trusted Dr Lieberman to do my surgery. I would recommend him without hesitation"
"Dr. Abramowitz took her time to get my full history and to understand my health issues. She was very candid with me on her recommendations and explained her reasoning and thought process behind her decisions. I have had very bad luckwith gastroenterologists but she restored my faith in doctors and I truly feel confident under her care. She even came to visit me while I was in the hospital. with gastroenterologists but she restored my faith in doctors and I truly feel confident under her care. She even came to visit me while I was in the hospital."