Digestive care physicians (gastroenterologists and surgeons) at the David H. Koch Center provide diagnostic and therapeutic medical, endoscopic, and surgical services on an outpatient basis. Multidisciplinary clinics focus on:
· Esophageal, stomach, and other foregut disorders
· Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD: Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
· Weight loss and fatty liver disease
· Colon cancer genetics
· General gastrointestinal care
· Ancillary services from the Center for Advanced Digestive Care, such as nutritional guidance, genetic counseling, social work, and telehealth for follow-up visits
Patients may receive non-chemotherapy infusion therapies — such as biologic therapies for IBD — in the new, comfortable Infusion Center.
● Endoscopic screening for gastroesophageal reflux disorder (GERD)
● Flexible sigmoidoscopy/pouchoscopy
● Rectal ultrasound
● Some outpatient endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) procedures
● GI examinations that require anesthesia
● Endobariatric (weight loss) surgery, such as endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty
● Hemorrhoid treatment with banding/ligation
● Treatment of fistulas (fistulotomy)
● Treatment of anal fissures with fissurectomy
● Placement of a sacral nerve stimulator for fecal incontinence
● Incision or drainage of abscesses
● Biopsies and excision of anal skin tags
Weill Cornell Medicine/NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital opened the David H. Koch Center in April 2018. Located on 1283 York Avenue between East 68th and 69th Streets, this innovative facility offers individualized, integrated outpatient care—from diagnosis to treatment to aftercare.
The David H. Koch Center aims to make the patient and family experience stress free and convenient with:
● Private waiting and recovery rooms
● “Smartband” technology to map itineraries
● Restaurant-quality food onsite
● Mobile app to coordinate all components of care
"Dr.Newberry is a great doctor.I am very happy and comfortable with being in her care.She listens very carefully,and she cares that I am receiving the appropiate care.She does not generalize my condition which is important to me because every patient is different.She also addresses my concerns,and does not downplay them.She has a great team working with her at the IChange Clinic.The coordination of my care is fantastic.I would absolutely recommend her."
"He is a great Doctor!!!!He is always sincere and kind. I always thank him."
"The entire nursing and surgical team was friendly and extremely professional. Koch building is gorgeous and layout of surgical rooms beautiful and CLEAN"