Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine appointments are available to our patients. Sign up for Connect today to schedule your vaccination.
Digestive care physicians (gastroenterologists and surgeons) at the David H. Koch Center provide diagnostic and therapeutic medical, endoscopic, and surgical services on an outpatient basis. Multidisciplinary clinics focus on:
· Esophageal, stomach, and other foregut disorders
· Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD: Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
· Weight loss and fatty liver disease
· Colon cancer genetics
· General gastrointestinal care
· Ancillary services from the Center for Advanced Digestive Care, such as nutritional guidance, genetic counseling, social work, and telehealth for follow-up visits
Patients may receive non-chemotherapy infusion therapies — such as biologic therapies for IBD — in the new, comfortable Infusion Center.
Services and treatments inside:
● Endoscopic screening for gastroesophageal reflux disorder (GERD)
● Flexible sigmoidoscopy/pouchoscopy
● Rectal ultrasound
● Some outpatient endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) procedures
● GI examinations that require anesthesia
● Endobariatric (weight loss) surgery, such as endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty
● Hemorrhoid treatment with banding/ligation
● Treatment of fistulas (fistulotomy)
● Treatment of anal fissures with fissurectomy
● Placement of a sacral nerve stimulator for fecal incontinence
● Incision or drainage of abscesses
● Biopsies and excision of anal skin tags
David H. Koch Center
Weill Cornell Medicine/NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital opened the David H. Koch Center in April 2018. Located on 1283 York Avenue between East 68th and 69th Streets, this innovative facility offers individualized, integrated outpatient care—from diagnosis to treatment to aftercare.
Exemplary, seamless experience
The David H. Koch Center aims to make the patient and family experience stress free and convenient with:
● Private waiting and recovery rooms
● “Smartband” technology to map itineraries
● Restaurant-quality food onsite
● Mobile app to coordinate all components of care
"This was my first appointment with Dr. Emmons. She was very patient and an extremely good listener. I have extensive records at Weill Cornell and HSS and Dr. Emmons took time to review all my issues. I left feeling she had a great understanding of me and my medical records especially since my appointment was a video conference. I would highly recommend her to my friends."
"He seemed very nice and patient. He listens well and answers questions."
"Very happy w Dr Kumar-personable, thorough, she has a wonderful manner and I’ve enjoyed having her as my physician for a few years now"