Please read our updated visitor policy. For information about COVID-19 including symptoms, prevention and travel advice, please read our patient guide. If you have developed a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory symptoms, please schedule a Video Visit to discuss symptoms with your provider.
Digestive care physicians (gastroenterologists and surgeons) at the David H. Koch Center provide diagnostic and therapeutic medical, endoscopic, and surgical services on an outpatient basis. Multidisciplinary clinics focus on:
· Esophageal, stomach, and other foregut disorders
· Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD: Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
· Weight loss and fatty liver disease
· Colon cancer genetics
· General gastrointestinal care
· Ancillary services from the Center for Advanced Digestive Care, such as nutritional guidance, genetic counseling, social work, and telehealth for follow-up visits
Patients may receive non-chemotherapy infusion therapies — such as biologic therapies for IBD — in the new, comfortable Infusion Center.
● Endoscopic screening for gastroesophageal reflux disorder (GERD)
● Flexible sigmoidoscopy/pouchoscopy
● Rectal ultrasound
● Some outpatient endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) procedures
● GI examinations that require anesthesia
● Endobariatric (weight loss) surgery, such as endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty
● Hemorrhoid treatment with banding/ligation
● Treatment of fistulas (fistulotomy)
● Treatment of anal fissures with fissurectomy
● Placement of a sacral nerve stimulator for fecal incontinence
● Incision or drainage of abscesses
● Biopsies and excision of anal skin tags
Weill Cornell Medicine/NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital opened the David H. Koch Center in April 2018. Located on 1283 York Avenue between East 68th and 69th Streets, this innovative facility offers individualized, integrated outpatient care—from diagnosis to treatment to aftercare.
The David H. Koch Center aims to make the patient and family experience stress free and convenient with:
● Private waiting and recovery rooms
● “Smartband” technology to map itineraries
● Restaurant-quality food onsite
● Mobile app to coordinate all components of care
What Our Patients Are Saying
Talking about Mindy Lee, M.D.
Mar 16, 2020
Talking about Mindy Lee, M.D.
"A state of the art of facility..Dr Lee is very warm and reassuring. The staff is also warm and friendly. They made what could have been a stressful procedure a pleasant experience..I call it the Ritz Carlton experience if you must have a gastroenterologist proceedure. I would recommend this place to everyone"
Mar 08, 2020
Talking about Michelle Cohen, M.D.
"Doctor Cohen is a wonderful doctor. She is obviously an expert in her field, but she also shows real concern for her patients and is invested in their getting better. I would not hesitate to go back to her for medical care."
Feb 29, 2020
*Individual results may vary