David Wan, M.D.
Dr. David Wan is an Assistant Professor of Medicine and Attending Physician at the New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center in The Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Dr. Wan earned his Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience at Brown University prior to getting his medical degree at NYU where he graduated Alpha Omega Alpha. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center and his Gastroenterology fellowship at NYU.
Dr. Wan has a wide variety of interests within gastroenterology and hepatology. One of his main roles will be in the training of gastroenterology fellows in endoscopy/colonoscopy and the inpatient consultation service. He is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American and New York Societies of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
1. Wan DW, Serur D, Bodenheimer HC Jr, Goldstein MJ, Sigal SH. Remission of aseptic inflammatory ascites after nephrectomy of a failed allograft. Am J Kidney Dis 2007;50(4):645-8.
2. Wan DW, Serur D, Bodenheimer HC Jr, Goldstein MJ, Sigal SH. In Reply: Remission of aseptic inflammatory ascites after nephrectomy of a failed allograft. Am J Kidney Dis 2008;52(3):626.
3. Danoff A, Khan O, Wan DW, Hurst L, Cohen D, Tenner CT, Bini EJ. Sexual dysfunction is highly prevalent among men with chronic hepatitis C virus infection and negatively impacts health-related quality of life. Am J Gastroenterol 2006;101(6):1235-43.
4. Reiss AB, Wan DW, Anwar K, Merrill JT, Wirkowski PA, Shah N, Cronstein BN, Chan ES, Carsons SE. Enhanced CD36 scavenger receptor expression in THP-1 human monocytes in the presence of lupus plasma: linking autoimmunity and atherosclerosis. Exp Biol Med 2009;234(3):354-60.
5. Wan DW, Marks K, Yantiss RK, Talal AH. Autoimmune hepatitis in the HIV-infected patient: a therapeutic dilemma. AIDS Patient Care STDS 2009;23(6):407-13.
6. Hudacko RM, Alvarez GA, Talal AH, Jacobson I, Wan DW, Zhou XK, Yantiss RK. Clinical and Biologic Importance of F-Actin Autoantibodies in HCV Mono-Infected and HCV/HIV Co-Infected Patients. Am J of Clin Pathol 2010;134(2)228-34.
7. Wan DW, Levy J, Ginsburg HB, Kaufmann H, Axelrod FB. Complicated Peptic Ulcer Disease in Three Patients with Familial Dysautonomia. J Clin Gastroenterol 2011;45(7):611-3.
8. Pollack A, Smith JA, Wan DW. An Uncommon Case of Obstipation. Gastroenterology 2011;140(5):1399,1697.
9. Jow A, Wan D. Complication of cardiac air embolism during ERCP and EUS-assisted cyst-gastrostomy for pancreatic pseudocyst. Gastrointest Endosc 2012;75(1):220-1.
10. Tzimas D, Wan DW. Small Bowel Perforation in a Patient with AIDS. Gastroenterology 2012 (accepted).
Honors and Awards
2001 - Sigma Xi
2004 - Glorney-Raisbeck Grant
2005 - AASLD Travel Grant
2005 - Alpha Omega Alpha
2010 - Poster of Distinction, DDW
- Pancreatic Disease
- Gastrointestinal Disorder
- Esophageal Disease
- Acid Reflux
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Colon Cancer Screening and Prevention
- Colon Polyps
- Liver Cancer
- Gallbladder and Biliary Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Internal Medicine
- B.S., Brown University, 2001
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2005