Sonal Kumar, M.D., MPH
Dr. Sonal Kumar graduated summa cum laude from Washington University in St. Louis in 2002 and obtained her medical degree in 2006 from Washington University School of Medicine. She subsequently completed internal medicine internship and residency at Barnes-Jewish Hospital - Washington University School of Medicine and then Gastroenterology and Hepatology fellowship at Brigham and Women’s Hospital - Harvard University. During fellowship, she also received her Master of Public Health from the Harvard School of Public Health. Dr. Kumar is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology/Hepatology.
Dr. Kumar is an Assistant Professor of Medicine and currently is the Director of Clinical Hepatology at Weill Cornell Medical College. Her clinical interests include non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, viral hepatitis, genetic/autoimmune liver disease and alcoholic liver disease. Dr. Kumar also has a background in clinical research and is involved in multiple clinical trials. She is a member of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, the European Association for the Study of the Liver, the Empire Liver Foundation, and the American College of Gastroenterology. Dr. Kumar also routinely performs upper endoscopy and colonoscopy.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Liver Damage
- Liver Disease
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Internal Medicine
- B.A., Washington University, 2002
- M.D., Washington University School of Medicine, 2006
- M.P.H., Harvard School of Public Health, 2012