Christine L. Frissora, M.D.
Dr. Frissora is an Associate Professor of Medicine, The Joan Sanford I. Weill Medical College of Cornell University &Assistant Attending Physician, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Cornell Campus.
Dr. Frissora is board certified in gastroenterology. She has given numerous invited presentations and directed several courses on Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Dr. Frissora has been a consultant for Irritable Bowel Syndrome Regional and National Advisory Boards. Her special interests include Irritable Bowel syndrome; Colonoscopy and Colon Cancer Screening and prevention, and gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- Internal Medicine
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Gastrointestinal Disorder
- Colon Cancer and Polyps
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- B.A., Cornell University, 1986
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1990
Honors and Awards
Elected by her peers to the Society of Internists, a distinction that recognizes achievements in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Associate Attending Physician
Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
A graduate of Cornell University, Dr. Frissora earned her medical degree from Cornell University in Manhattan and completed her residency at the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine in New York. She then pursued subspecialty training in Gastroenterology and Hepatology, the treatment of stomach and intestinal disorders. Dr. Frissora is a faculty member of the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University. She has given numerous invited presentations and directed several courses on Irritable Bowel Syndrome, an area of expertise. Dr. Frissora was elected upon the recommendation of peers and the review of ACP-ASIM credentials subcommittee to the Society of Internists. The distinction recognizes achievements in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology and Hepatology.