Christine L. Frissora, M.D.
Dr. Frissora is an Associate Professor of Medicine, The Joan Sanford I. Weill Medical College of Cornell University &Assistant Attending Physician, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Cornell Campus.
Dr. Frissora is board certified in gastroenterology. She has given numerous invited presentations and directed several courses on Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Dr. Frissora has been a consultant for Irritable Bowel Syndrome Regional and National Advisory Boards. Her special interests include Irritable Bowel syndrome; Colonoscopy and Colon Cancer Screening and prevention, and gastrointestinal endoscopy.
Specialties and Expertise
- Gastrointestinal Disorder
- Colon Cancer and Polyps
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
A graduate of Cornell University, Dr. Frissora earned her medical degree from Cornell University in Manhattan and completed her residency at the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine in New York. She then pursued subspecialty training in Gastroenterology and Hepatology, the treatment of stomach and intestinal disorders. Dr. Frissora is a faculty member of the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University. She has given numerous invited presentations and directed several courses on Irritable Bowel Syndrome, an area of expertise. Dr. Frissora was elected upon the recommendation of peers and the review of ACP-ASIM credentials subcommittee to the Society of Internists. The distinction recognizes achievements in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Elected by her peers to the Society of Internists, a distinction that recognizes achievements in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Gastroenterology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1990
- B.A., Cornell University, 1986
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported