Please read our updated visitor policy. For information about COVID-19 including symptoms, prevention and travel advice, please read our patient guide. If you have developed a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory symptoms, please schedule a Video Visit to discuss symptoms with your provider.
You are here
Our Care Team
Transplant and Donor Surgeons
- Sandip Kapur, M.D., F.A.C.S., Chief, Division of Transplant Surgery
- Joseph J. Del Pizzo, M.D.
- Anthony C. Watkins, M.D.
- Samuel T. Sultan, M.D.
Transplant and Donor Nephrologists
Transplant nephrologists specialize in disorders of the kidneys. Nephrologists will help manage your condition before and after the surgery.
- David Serur, M.D.
- Choli Hartono, M.D.
- Jun B. Lee, M.D.
- Manikkam Suthanthiran, M.D.
- Darshana Dadhania, M.D.
- Muthukumar Thangamani, M.D.
- John R. Lee, M.D.
- Michelle Lubetzky, M.D.
Other Specialized Physicians may evaluate you before transplantation or donation, help in your management during and after transplant or donation, and make recommendations to the team. These may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cardiologist: physicians who specialize in the diagnosis and management of heart conditions.
- Endocrinologist: physicians who specialize in diabetes and management of other endocrine problems such as thyroid disorders
- Hematologist: physicians who specialize in disorders of the blood such as excessive bleeding or blood clots
- Hepatologist: physicians who specialize in disorders of the liver and management of infections such as hepatitis B or hepatitis C
- Infectious disease specialist: physicians who specialize in the diagnosis management of infections such as HIV
- Psychiatrist: physicians who specialize in mental health disorders and problems with addiction
Transplant Coordinators and Clinical Staff
Transplant coordinators are healthcare professionals who organize your pre-transplant or pre-donation evaluation. The transplant coordinator will provide patient education, and coordinates the diagnostic testing and maintenance on the waiting list.
Each transplant candidate and potential living donor is assigned to a specific transplant coordinator who will serve as the patient's primary contact throughout their journey.
Living Donor Kidney Transplant Candidate Coordinators:
- Judith Hambleton, RN, CCTC, Chief Transplant Coordinator
- Maria Abreu-Goris, RPA-C
- Vanessa Forzano, RN, BSN
Living Donor Coordinators:
- Marian Charlton, RN, CCTC, Chief Transplant Coordinator
- Aliza Wakneen, RN, BSN
Transplant Clinical Staff
Physician assistants work with the transplant surgeons and nephrologists to manage the care of transplant candidates, recipients and living donors before, during, and after their surgeries.
- Samantha Adelsberg, RPA-C
- Maureen Beale, RPA-C, MS
- Ashley Donatucci, RPA-C
- Nishell Jungra, RPA-C
- Debra King, RPA-C, PhD
- Jehona Marku-Podvorica, RPA-C, MS
Nutritionists help you meet your nutritional needs before and after the transplant or kidney donation. They work closely with you to develop and reach goals such as weight loss, when appropriate.
- Molly Cleary, MS, RD, CDN, CNSC
Social workers will help you and your family deal with many issues that may arise including lodging and transportation, finances, insurance, and legal issues.
- Farrah Desrosiers, LCSW, CCTSW
- Alicia Henry, LCSW
- Nicole Kumar, LCSW
- Samantha Levine, LCSW
Clinical pharmacists assist the transplant team in designing your medication regimen, teach you about your transplant medications and help to manage your medication regimen throughout the transplant process.
- Jennifer (Hanna) Lee, PharmD, BCPS
- Esther Liu, PharmD
Financial coordinators work with you and your insurance company to evaluate your ability to undergo transplant and manage the costs of your transplant medications. They also work with living donors through the process, from evaluation to follow-up.
- Kimberly Delgado
- Jen Fojas
- Sheena Geran
- Julie Krupa
Clinical research and transplant quality personnel educate you about opportunities to participate in research studies available to transplant patients and living donors. and coordinate your care if you choose to participate in a research study. They also monitor the transplant program to ensure it is meeting regulatory requirements.
- Meredith Aull, PharmD
- Melissa Douglas, MS, RN
- Katherine Rhee, RN
- Marion Simonsen
Transplant Administrative Staff
- Program Manager: Allison Hoffman