The Integrative Health and Wellbeing program at NewYork-Presbyterian, in collaboration with Weill Cornell Medicine, is an individualized, holistic, and evidence-based approach to healthcare.We partner with you to help you improve your physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. Our approach to your care includes:
We partner with you to help you improve your physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. Our approach to your care includes:
- A 45-60 minute evaluation by our dual-certified integrative medicine and internal medicine physicians
- Comprehensive physical exam
- Review of your medical records and laboratory testing
- If needed, recommendation of additional testing
- Thorough discussion and education about lifestyle management, behavioral modification, and if needed, recommendations for adjunctive therapies
- If needed, referrals to recommended services: acupuncture, massage therapy, nutrition counseling, yoga instruction, mindfulness coaching, and meditation instruction.
Who may benefit:
We believe that all patients can improve their health. Patients with the following concerns often find our approach useful:
- Oncology (new diagnosis, initiation of chemotherapy or radiation therapy, symptom relief)
- Cardiology (prevention of cardiac disease, slowing of progression, stress relief, diet optimization)
- GI (Irritable bowel syndrome, Inflammatory bowel disease, nonspecific GI symptoms)
- Autoimmune disease
- Chronic pain
- Men’s health
- Women’s health
- Lifestyle optimization
- Stress relief
- Resilience techniques
What Our Patients Are Saying
"My experience with Janet Lau so far has been excellent! Janet is a great listener and sends me follow up notes, tips and informative website links on what we discuss in our sessions. I tend to overwhelm myself by trying to focus on too much change in my diet/fitness at once, and quickly give up. Janet helps me focus on a couple of changes at a time, as well as mental cues and replacements for my main hangups. I highly recommend her for her methods and her friendly nature."
"Really listens. Has knowledgeable recommendations. Does thorough testing and then follows up with appropriate treatment."
"Dr. Fabrikant was fabulous. He was engaged in the questions he asked which made me confident that he'd be able to help me. "