The Integrative Health and Wellbeing program at NewYork-Presbyterian, in collaboration with Weill Cornell Medicine, is an individualized, holistic, and evidence-based approach to healthcare.We partner with you to help you improve your physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. Our approach to your care includes:
We partner with you to help you improve your physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. Our approach to your care includes:
- A 45-60 minute evaluation by our dual-certified integrative medicine and internal medicine physicians
- Comprehensive physical exam
- Review of your medical records and laboratory testing
- If needed, recommendation of additional testing
- Thorough discussion and education about lifestyle management, behavioral modification, and if needed, recommendations for adjunctive therapies
- If needed, referrals to recommended services: acupuncture, massage therapy, nutrition counseling, yoga instruction, mindfulness coaching, and meditation instruction.
Who may benefit:
We believe that all patients can improve their health. Patients with the following concerns often find our approach useful:
- Oncology (new diagnosis, initiation of chemotherapy or radiation therapy, symptom relief)
- Cardiology (prevention of cardiac disease, slowing of progression, stress relief, diet optimization)
- GI (Irritable bowel syndrome, Inflammatory bowel disease, nonspecific GI symptoms)
- Autoimmune disease
- Chronic pain
- Men’s health
- Women’s health
- Lifestyle optimization
- Stress relief
- Resilience techniques
What Our Patients Are Saying
"First off, I'd like to say this is one of the most beautiful facilities I've ever seen. The atmosphere was so relaxing. The staff was very friendly, especially the medical assistant who took my vitals. Dr. Fabrikant was very knowledgeable and professional. This was my first time receiving acupuncture. I really didn't know what to expect, except the thought of being punctured by multiple needles. He definitely helped ease the anxiety."
"Irina Rímel is one of the most knowledgeable, caring & compassionate health care providers I’ve ever come into contact. I’ve worked in healthcare for 16+ years and have been treated by many different integrative healthcare professionals around the world which specialise in acupuncture and eastern medicine and she’s one of the best. She is most professional and has the best bedside manner. More importantly, she cares about the overall well being of her patients."
"Dr. Parikh is wonderful and the office is beautiful. Dr. Parikh took her time with me and listened to all my concerns. She went beyond what other doctors I have seen in the past asked or recommended. I look forward to working with her further to address my health concerns."