Locations and Appointments
My mission is to provide acupuncture treatments as a holistic approach to wellness care in order to prevent illnesses and deliver supportive non –pharmacologic methods of disease management for people with chronic health conditions. My goal is to improve patients’ experiences through enhanced health, and improved quality of life.
Irina Rimel graduated from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in 1998. She completed her internship at Elmhurst Hospital providing treatments in both inpatient and outpatient medical settings. She has completed her Masters of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, is licensed in New York State and is certified in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
For the past 17 years Irina provided acupuncture treatments at Mount Sinai St Luke’s and Mount Sinai West Hospitals in the outpatient and inpatient clinical settings
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care