Specialties and Expertise
- Integrative Medicine
Dr. Michelle Loy is passionate about listening to and partnering with her patients to better understand the specific physical, psychological, social, environmental, and spiritual influences on their health. She curates a personalized prevention or treatment plan tailored to each individual’s needs, circumstances, philosophy, and season of life. She utilizes evidence-based modalities of both innovative modern medicine and time-tested integrative and lifestyle modalities such as nutrition, acupuncture, botanical medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, yoga, mind-body practices, and cognitive-behavioral principles to attain optimal health and well-being. A strong proponent of family centered care, Dr. Loy treats patients of all ages from childhood, adolescence, to adulthood. She seeks for her patients to enjoy both years in life (longevity) and life in years (vitality). Through her approachable, compassionate, and mindful listening, she is committed to helpher patients and families find answers, foster a growth mindset, embrace their passions, and live a vibrant meaningful life. Areas of interest include optimizing cognitive brain health, gut health, emotional resilience, immune health (including cancer, autoimmune conditions, and chronic fatigue), metabolic health, preventative health, sports performance, and caregiver wellness. Dr. Loy is an integrative medicine physician and a consultation with her does not replace a primary care visit.
Dr. Michelle Loy, MD, FAAP, is a board-certified physician who received her magna cum laude degree in Psychology from Harvard College, her doctorate in medicine from Weill Cornell Medical College, her pediatrics and adolescent residency training from New York Presbyterian Hospital-Cornell, and her Integrative Medicine Fellowship training from Columbia University/Stamford Hospital. She completed certification in Medical Acupuncture from SUNY Downstate Medical Center and is licensed to practice acupuncture on patients of all ages.
She enjoys a long-standing interest in Integrative Medicine—particularly in the use of nutrition, movement, and mind-body lifestyle medicine in the prevention and management of chronic illnesses. In recent years, she has pursued further training in Human Nutrition/Obesity, Medical Hypnosis, Mind Body Stress Reduction, and Yoga Teacher Certification for medical conditions.
Dr. Loy has achieved recognition in integrative medicine at national academic conferences and other peer-reviewed training opportunities. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, a member of the AAP Section of Integrative Medicine, and the Society of Integrative Oncology.
As an assistant professor with joint appointments in Medicine and Pediatrics, her dedication and commitment to the didactic and clinical training of the healthcare and physician leaders of the future will continue. She is passionate about supporting fellow physicians and physicians-in-training inself-reflection and healthy self-care. Her clinical and research interests include Nutrition, particularly Culinary Medicine, Acupuncture (Pediatric and Adult), Stress Management/MentalHealth, Botanical Medicine, and Cancer Prevention/Recovery.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2001
- B.A., Harvard College, 1995
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY