As an Integrative Medicine practitioner I focus on a holistic approach to care that addresses not only physical, but also psychological, social, spiritual and environmental influences on health. By spending more time with my patients I create a personalized treatment plan that is tailored to each individual’s unique needs and circumstances. I combine the most cutting edge innovations of modern medicine with integrative modalities such as yoga, meditation, acupuncture and nutrition to help patients prevent diseases and attain optimal health.
Dr. Parikh is an integrative medicine physician and a consultation with her does not replace a primary care visit.
Specialties and Expertise
- Integrative Medicine
While growing up in India, Dr. Parikh developed an interest in ancient traditions of yoga, meditation and started practicing at a very young age. She moved to the United States as a teenager and graduated as a valedictorian from New Jersey Institute of Technology. After college, she embarked on a solo spiritual journey through South East Asia, where she advanced her interest in eastern medicine. She went on to graduate as an AOA scholar from Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and completed her internal medicine residency at New York Presbyterian – Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Parikh is now an assistant professor at Weill Cornell Medical College where she plays an active role in medical education, research and patient care. As a board certified Internist and Diplomate of the American Board of Integrative and Holistic Medicine she has co-founded Integrative Health at New York Presbyterian Hospital – Weill Cornell Medicine. This program provides integrative modalities such as acupuncture, meditation, yoga, nutrition, psychotherapy, guided imagery, reiki, Ayurveda and functional medicine to patients and employees.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2010
- B.S., New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2005
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported