Locations and Appointments
- Internal Medicine Hospitalist
- Integrative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2010
- B.S., New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2005
As an Integrative Medicine practitioner I focus on a holistic approach to care that addresses not only physical, but also psychological, social, spiritual and environmental influences on health. By spending more time with my patients I create a personalized treatment plan that is tailored to each individual’s unique needs and circumstances. I combine the most cutting edge innovations of modern medicine with integrative modalities such as yoga, meditation, acupuncture and nutrition to help patients prevent diseases and attain optimal health.
Dr. Parikh is an integrative medicine physician and a consultation with her does not replace a primary care visit.
While growing up in India, Dr. Parikh developed an interest in ancient traditions of yoga, meditation and started practicing at a very young age. She moved to the United States as a teenager and graduated as a valedictorian from New Jersey Institute of Technology. After college, she embarked on a solo spiritual journey through South East Asia, where she advanced her interest in eastern medicine. She went on to graduate as an AOA scholar from Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and completed her internal medicine residency at New York Presbyterian – Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Parikh is now an assistant professor at Weill Cornell Medical College where she plays an active role in medical education, research and patient care. As a board certified Internist and Diplomate of the American Board of Integrative and Holistic Medicine she has co-founded Integrative Health at New York Presbyterian Hospital – Weill Cornell Medicine. This program provides integrative modalities such as acupuncture, meditation, yoga, nutrition, psychotherapy, guided imagery, reiki, Ayurveda and functional medicine to patients and employees.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare