The liver transplantation, hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery team at Weill Cornell Medicine offers patients expert, collaborative medical, surgical and radiologic expertise for optimal well-being.
Our surgeons have unparalleled experience and expertise. Using a personalized, patient-centric approach, we collaborate and develop an individualized treatment plan for each patient, using minimally invasive procedures when possible.
We encourage patients and loved ones to ask questions about their condition, procedure and treatment options — and are committed to supporting your physical and emotional wellness at all times.
Why Choose Weill Cornell Medicine?
Leaders in Liver Transplantation, Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery
Our team is part of one of the nation’s leading academic medical centers and partners with NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the top hospitals in New York. Our program is one of the highest-volume programs in the nation, meaning that many patients entrust their care to us.
Our surgeons have gained a reputation as leaders in liver, hepatobiliary and pancreas surgery advancements. Compared to other leading institutions, our team holds more extensive training and experience.
In addition to providing compassionate care for our patients, our surgeons also pursue innovative research and new approaches that improve and enhance your patient experience — and contribute to advancements in care.
Accomplishments in Liver Transplantation, Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery Patient Care
As our patient, you will benefit from receiving care from a cohesive team of experts at a leading academic medical center because you will have access to the most advanced technology and techniques, as well as receive care from specialists who are leaders in the fields.
Our liver transplantation, hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery team has a history of excellence in patient care. Our current accomplishments include:
- Our living donor liver transplant program is the largest in the region, as well as the only program in the New York metro area to offer fully laparoscopic donor hepatectomy.
- We were the first institution to offer the fully laparoscopic living liver donation procedure; now, we are one of only four in the country to offer this option.
- For transplant procedures, our success rates are among the highest in the nation.
- Our wait time for liver transplantation is among the shortest in the nation.
- Compared to other institutions in the New York City area, we provide a higher rate of transplants with one of the most highly experienced care teams.
Multidisciplinary, Personalized Surgical Care
As our patient, you benefit from care from a wide range of specialists who provide excellent surgical care and have expertise in treating complex and rare conditions, including liver resections and complex biliary conditions. We also care for adenocarcinoma (pancreatic cancer), intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN), pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors, solid pseudopapillary tumors and pancreatic cysts.
Your care team will collaborate to help you achieve your health goals and the best possible quality of life. The multidisciplinary approach benefits patients with a comprehensive treatment plan that maximizes your care and overall well-being. This team may include:
- Advanced endoscopists (doctors who perform endoscopic ultrasounds, bile duct endoscopies)
- Interventional radiologists
- Liver-focused medical oncologists
- Liver pathologists
- Radiologists who specialize in liver and pancreas imaging
- Radiation oncologists
- Liver, hepatobiliary or pancreatic surgeons
Remote Second Opinion
If you would like a remote second opinion, we can connect you with expert physicians and specialists at Weill Cornell Medicine.
East Hill, NY 11548
New York, NY 10013
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Flushing, NY 11354
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
Albany, New York 12206
New York, NY 10021
Brooklyn, NY 11220
Read the latest on wellness and preventive care for the whole familyView All Posts
What Our Patients Are Saying
Dr. Samstein explained everything in this follow up appt. He clearly answered any questions and repeated the most important results and plans to help reinforce everything. Very reassuring and calming.....
Excellent doctor! Very professional, approachable, and kind. Highly recommended
Dr Brown is very knowledgeable friendly and has a great sense of humor , I’ve never felt so comfortable with a doctor he’s Awesome!!