Make an Appointment
At Weill Cornell Medicine, patients receive expert, compassionate care from physicians who are at the forefront of medical innovation through the development of new cures, treatments and technologies.
Our nationally-recognized gastrointestinal program provides treatment for a wide range of digestive- and liver-related disorders, including:
- Hepatitis C
- Fatty liver
- Liver cirrhosis
- Liver cancer
- Liver transplantation
- Pancreatic and gallbladder diseases
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn's disease
- Colon cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Clostridium difficile (C. diff)
- Other intestinal infections
Our healthcare providers, including our gastroenterology and hepatology doctors in New York, create personalized care plans that incorporate proven diagnostic and therapeutic methods as well as cutting-edge procedures, like advanced interventional endoscopy, a minimally invasive procedure that allows physicians to detect and treat disorders in the digestive tract. With a pediatric gastroenterologist on staff, we are also prepared to treat children who present with gastrointestinal conditions.
Addiitonally, we offer the newest endoscopic therapies for obesity as well as capsule (pill) endoscopy, a new noninvasive method to take images of the digestive tract.
Patients can also receive specialized care at one of our collaborative centers, which focus on specific digestive and liver conditions:
- The Jay Monahan Center for Gastrointestinal Health, named in memory of Katie Couric's late husband, provides multidisciplinary care for gastrointestinal cancers, genetic screening for hereditary cancers and management of esophageal and motility disorders.
- The Jill Roberts Center for Inflammatory Bowel Disease provides state-of-the art treatment options for patients with ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
- The Center for Liver Disease provides comprehensive care, including liver transplantation, for all forms of liver disease. It includes the Center for the Study of Hepatitis C which offers specialized treatment to patients infected with the virus.
- The Advanced Endoscopy program provides cutting-edge minimally invasive procedures for a variety of GI, liver and pancreatic diseases, which in many cases, allows patients to avoid surgery. A new program focuses on management of obesity and fatty liver disease in conjunction with our weight loss program, our bariatric surgery program and our Center for Liver Disease team.
To learn more about our gastroenterology and hepatology physicians in New York and the services we offer, please visit the links below.
Your physician has ordered a specific prep for your procedure. If you are unsure which prep is needed for your procedure, please reach out to the office.
- MIRALAX-MAG CITRATE Colonoscopy Prep
- MIRALAX SPLIT Colonoscopy Prep
- PREPOPIK Colonoscopy Prep
- GOLYTELY Colonoscopy Prep
- Upper Endoscopy Prep
New York, NY 10021
New York, NY 10021
What Our Patients Are Saying
"Dr. Lucero is friendly, kind, caring and listens. I was recommended to Dr. Lucero and was very happy with her bedside manner and the time she takes with you. She explains everything fully. Her staff is wonderful. I would definitely recommend Dr. Lucero."
"Without question one of the top doctors in the world in her specialty. Knowledgeable, insightful, caring and very bright. Dr Scherl spend a huge amount of time asking all the right questions and offering multiple options for treatment as well as carefully articulating the pros and cons of each so we can make the right decisions. Dr Scherl is a very special doctor and I cannot recommend her enough."
"Dr. Dubey has a high pedigree and is extremely diligent. I've been seeing him for two years, and although I typically go in for routine check-ups, he's always taken the time to explore whatever it is I bring up to him. He's affiliated with Weill Cornell and any type of digital messaging, prescription refills and lab results are conducted with extreme efficiency."