At Weill Cornell Medicine, expertise and quality patient care go hand in hand. Our heart surgeons are some of the best in the nation — and have a proven record of superior results.
Why choose us?
- Our surgeons specialize in heart surgery for adults and children with a wide range of disorders
- Your care team provides a custom treatment plan, tailored to your specific needs and goals
- We offer new, minimally invasive surgical approaches
- Our heart surgeons collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of professionals—including cardiologists, anesthesiologists, radiologists, pathologists, neurologists, and others—to deliver seamless, high-quality care
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell has been #1 in New York City for 17 years in a row (by US News & World Report)
- Less than 1% mortality rate
To learn more about the services we offer and how to make an appointment, visit the links below. Visit our Department's website to learn more about our Heart Surgery services.
New York, NY 10065
New York, NY 10065
What Our Patients Are Saying
"My husband came on a Saturday after the cardiologist told us to go emergently to the ED. He did ultrasound and saw a huge aneurysm with a tear in the wall. Dr Dimitrios came in to see us and explained that we had to do surgery. He finished the surgery the same afternoon and saved his life!!!"
"Dr. Kalfa did our son's heart transplant surgery. He was excellent in explaining clearly and sufficiently what the risks were and how long the surgery potentially would take. He was very kind and warm. Our son's surgery went very well, and his recovery is on track. We are thankful to Dr. Kalfa and the team of transplant doctors, nurses, and support staff for all they did and continue to do for him."
"My experience being a patient of Dr. Lau’s has been one that will stand out in my mind for the rest of my life. Dr. Lau is a mix of empathy and professionalism all wrapped up in one. One thing that I know without a doubt in my mind is that he knows his job like the palm of his hand. After I was diagnosed with my condition and immediately informed that I needed surgery to replace damaged heart valves, I knew instantly that I could trust him with the surgery. I’ve since had a successful open-heart surgery and I give credit to God, Dr. Lau and his amazing team for giving me a new lease on life. The post-op care has also been amazing. Dr. Lau personally calls you back immediately each time you call his office with any concerns (even on a weekend!). I feel blessed to have had such an amazing cardiac team and would encourage anyone with heart issues/requiring heart surgery to seek out Dr. Lau at New York Presbyterian. I am grateful to him and thank him again for this new lease on life that he’s allowed me to have. High five to the rest of his amazing team as well. Everyone worked as one for a unified goal."