At Weill Cornell Medicine, expertise and quality patient care go hand in hand. Our heart surgeons are some of the best in the nation — and have a proven record of superior results.
Why choose us?
- Our surgeons specialize in heart surgery for adults and children with a wide range of disorders
- Your care team provides a custom treatment plan, tailored to your specific needs and goals
- We offer new, minimally invasive surgical approaches
- Our heart surgeons collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of professionals—including cardiologists, anesthesiologists, radiologists, pathologists, neurologists, and others—to deliver seamless, high-quality care
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell has been #1 in New York City for 17 years in a row (by US News & World Report)
- Less than 1% mortality rate
To learn more about the services we offer and how to make an appointment, visit the links below. Visit our Department's website to learn more about our Heart Surgery services.
New York, NY 10065
New York, NY 10065
What Our Patients Are Saying
"Every day, my wife and I are grateful to Dr. Chai for having saved our 7 year old’s life! He was diagnosed with an interrupted aortic arch and Dr Chai performed a 100% successful surgery to correct it. His relaxed, confident and upbeat manner in the pre-surgery consultation with us was so reassuring and put us at ease during a moment of shock. We really liked how he interacted with our son and his 6 year old brother. It is now 3 months post surgery and our son is a normal, healthy vigorous kid!"
"Having a child with a congenital cardiac anomaly is frightening and emotional. After a minimally invasive approach via cardiac catheterization had proven unsuccessful for our daughter Gracie, we were referred to Dr. Kalfa. With the guidance and compassion of Dr. Kalfa and his team, Gracie had successful open heart surgery. Dr. Kalfa is thorough (working closely with Gracie’s primary cardiologist), sympathetic and professional. Gracie is thriving and we are elated to have worked with Dr. Kalfa!"
"My wife had a bypass of the LAD artery on Thursday June 15th 2017, four days later she is really doin very well getting better every day. Dr. Avgerinos is a very caring man and I really trust him."