At Weill Cornell Medicine, expertise and quality patient care go hand in hand. Our heart surgeons are some of the best in the nation — and have a proven record of superior results.
Why choose us?
- Our surgeons specialize in heart surgery for adults and children with a wide range of disorders
- Your care team provides a custom treatment plan, tailored to your specific needs and goals
- We offer new, minimally invasive surgical approaches
- Our heart surgeons collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of professionals—including cardiologists, anesthesiologists, radiologists, pathologists, neurologists, and others—to deliver seamless, high-quality care
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell has been #1 in New York City for 17 years in a row (by US News & World Report)
- Less than 1% mortality rate
To learn more about the services we offer and how to make an appointment, visit the links below. Visit our Department's website to learn more about our Heart Surgery services.
New York, NY 10065
New York, NY 10065
What Our Patients Are Saying
"My husband came on a Saturday after the cardiologist told us to go emergently to the ED. He did ultrasound and saw a huge aneurysm with a tear in the wall. Dr Dimitrios came in to see us and explained that we had to do surgery. He finished the surgery the same afternoon and saved his life!!!"
"Dr. Kalfa did our son's heart transplant surgery. He was excellent in explaining clearly and sufficiently what the risks were and how long the surgery potentially would take. He was very kind and warm. Our son's surgery went very well, and his recovery is on track. We are thankful to Dr. Kalfa and the team of transplant doctors, nurses, and support staff for all they did and continue to do for him."
"Every day, my wife and I are grateful to Dr. Chai for having saved our 7 year old’s life! He was diagnosed with an interrupted aortic arch and Dr Chai performed a 100% successful surgery to correct it. His relaxed, confident and upbeat manner in the pre-surgery consultation with us was so reassuring and put us at ease during a moment of shock. We really liked how he interacted with our son and his 6 year old brother. It is now 3 months post surgery and our son is a normal, healthy vigorous kid!"