Emile A. Bacha, M.D.
Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
Specialties and Expertise
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Congenital Heart Disorder
- Congenital Heart Disease In Adult
- Congenital Heart Failure
- Congenital Heart Block
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Dr. Emile Bacha is a board-certified cardiothoracic surgeon with a subspecialization in pediatric cardiac surgery. From 2000-2004, he was the Surgical Director of the Congenital Heart Center at the University of Chicago. From 2004-2009, he was Senior Associate in Cardiac Surgery at the Children's Hospital Boston and Associate Professor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School, as well as Cardiac Surgery Fellowship Program Director, and Director of the Pediatric Heart Valve Center. Since January 2010, Dr. Bacha has been Director of the Congenital and Pediatric Cardiac Surgery program at NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons, and Weill Cornell Medical School. In July 2011, he was appointed Chief of the Division of Cardiac, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Adjunct Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Surgery - Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Attending Cardiothoracic Surgeon - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., Ludwig Maximillians University Munich, Faculty of Medicine (Germany), 1989
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.