Infectious Diseases (ID) Associates consists of a group of dedicated board-certified infectious diseases physicians. As Weill Cornell Medical College faculty members, we are committed to providing the highest-level comprehensive outpatient care to our patients and to helping our colleagues in the management of patients with complex diseases.
We strive to adhere to the following prinicples:
- Patient-centered care built on compassion, trust, and respect
- Individualized approaches to all aspects of medical management
- Cutting-edge diagnostic and therapeutic modalities where applicable
- Practice of evidence-based medicine using up-to-date scientific information
- Collegial and cooperative teamwork involving all staff members
- Clear communication with the patient, his/her loved ones, and with the patient's referring physicians
In our ID Associates practice, we take care of patients with a broad range of suspected and/or confirmed acute or chronic infections in normal and immunocompromised hosts. Infections may be due to viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. We also assist in the evaluation of clinical syndromes associated with fevers and/or leukocytosis (an elevated white blood cell count).
We provide ID specialty care to a braod range of patients from different settings:
- Outpatient work-up and treatment for newly suspected/confirmed infectious diseases
- Co-management of follow-up care after discharge from in-patient stay at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, including supervision of outpatient parenteral (intravenous) antibiotic therapy (OPAT), in collaboration with regional Home Health Agencies
- Co-management of complex chronic infections
- Co-management of patients who are at elevated risk of infections
- Evaluation and treatment of returning travelers who develop symptoms including new onset fevers, rashes, diarrhea, etc.
Please request an appointment today by calling our office or completing our online form.
If you are planning to travel abroad and are interested in pre-travel consultative services, please visit our Weill Cornell Travel Medicine website.