Dr. Singh is an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Infectious Diseases. She is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Her area of clinical expertise is HIV/AIDS.
Specialties and Expertise
- Infectious Disease
- HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection)
Dr. Singh is an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Infectious Diseases. She is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases. Her area of clinical expertise is HIV/AIDS.
Dr. Singh received her undergraduate degree from the College of William and Mary and her medical degree from the Medical College of Virginia. She completed her Combined Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Residency at the University of Rochester. She then pursued an Adult Infectious Disease fellowship at Johns Hopkins University Hospital as well as a Master’s degree in Clinical Investigation at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Dr. Singh’s clinical interest is in the management of HIV infection, especially adolescents transitioning to adult care and pregnant women. She sees patients exclusively at the Center for Special Studies at the New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell campus. Her research interests include vaccine-preventable diseases and quality improvement for HIV-infected persons at the Center for Special Studies.
Dr. Singh coordinates the inpatient and outpatient HIV services for the Infectious Disease fellows. She also serves on the inpatient HIV and infectious consultation teams with Internal Medicine residents and Infectious Disease fellows. In addition, she teaches WCMC medical students in all 4 years of their education. Dr. Singh serves as a faculty member for the federally funded New York/New Jersey AIDS Education and Training Center (AETC) and as an Infectious Disease/PEP consultant for NYP Workforce Health and Safety.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Infectious Disease)
- American Board of Pediatrics
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- Sc.M., The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2008
- M.D., Medical College of Virginia, 2000
- B.S., College of William and Mary, 1995
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.