Dr. Kodiyanplakkal is an Instructor Medicine in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Weill Cornell Medicine, and an attending physician at New York-Presbyterian Hospital.
She is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases. Her areas of expertise include infections in immunocompromised hosts including oncology patients, bone marrow transplant recipients, and solid organ transplant recipients.
Dr. Kodiyanplakkal received her undergraduate degree from Yale University. She received her medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and continued to complete her internal medicine residency at Montefiore Medical Center. She then went to Columbia University Medical Center for her fellowship training in adult Infectious Diseases before joining the faculty at Weill Cornell Medicine.
Dr. Kodiyanplakkal’s clinical interests are in the treatment of viral, fungal, and bacterial infections in immunocompromised hosts. She also conducts clinical research focused on viral and bacterial infections in transplant recipients.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Infectious Disease)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.S., Columbia University, School of Public Health, 2017
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2011
- B.S., Yale University, 2007
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported