Find a PhysicianBrowse Specialists
At the Weill Cornell Medicine Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, our thoracic (lung) surgeons provide comprehensive, personalized care for patients using the latest medical advancements to diagnose and treat diseases that affect the lung, trachea, esophagus, chest wall, and mediastinum (the middle section of the chest cavity).
Here, expertise and quality patient care go hand in hand. Our surgeons are some of the best in the nation—and have a proven record of superior results.
Why choose the Weill Cornell Medicine Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery?
- We treat a wide range of disorders, such as lung cancer, esophageal cancer, thymus cancer, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), achalasia, and hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating).
- We use advanced and innovative screening techniques to detect and diagnose conditions as early as possible, increasing the potential for a longer life and an enhanced quality of life for our patients.
- We specialize in minimally invasive surgeries that reduce blood loss, minimize pain, require shorter hospital stays, and lead to quicker recoveries.
- Our minimally invasive approach allows many elderly and very ill patients to undergo treatment.
- Our team of surgeons collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of professionals—including medical and radiation oncologists, pulmonologists, gastroenterologists, radiologists, pathologists, neurologists, dedicated thoracic intensive care nurses, respiratory therapists, speech therapists, and social workers—to deliver seamless, high-quality care to our patients before, during, and after their hospital stay.
- Less than one percent mortality rate for patients undergoing thoracic surgery.
- We offer compassionate care and support for our patients and their families throughout their treatment and recovery.
- Weill Cornell Medicine/NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Center has been #1 in New York City for 17 years in a row (by US News & World Report).
To learn more about the services we offer and how to make an appointment, visit the links below. Visit our Department's website to learn more about our Lung Surgery Services.
New York, NY 10065
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Flushing, NY 11355
New York, NY 10038