Please read our updated visitor policy. For information about COVID-19 including symptoms, prevention and travel advice, please read our patient guide. If you have developed a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory symptoms, please schedule a Video Visit to discuss symptoms with your provider.
The Sean Parker Institute for the Voice is dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of all disorders involving voice, swallowing, and the upper airways, including disorders of the performer and professional voice user.
Using state-of-the-art technology, a multidisciplinary team consisting of a laryngologist (an otolaryngologist with specialty training in laryngology), a voice scientist, and a speech/language pathologist can consider cases to arrive at an appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan, which may include therapy, medication, and/or surgical intervention.
Our board-certified surgeons are skilled in diagnostic and surgical procedures for voice disorders, such as:
- Stroboscopy and other forms of laryngoscopy for the diagnosis of voice disorders
- Office procedures without the need for general anesthesia, including vocal fold injection, biopsy and lesion excision and laser ablation of vocal fold lesions.
- Microlaryngoscopy and phonomicrosurgery, used to remove vocal fold nodules, polyps, cysts and other lesions that affect the voice
- Laryngeal framework surgery, performed to treat a voice and/or swallowing problem that is secondary to vocal fold paralysis or other laryngeal trauma
- Botulinum toxin injections for neurologic disorders of the vocal folds.
- Procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of laryngeal cancer, which range from endoscopic procedures to major ablative procedures with tissue reconstruction.
Speech language pathologists with expertise in speech, voice and swallowing disorders in disorders of the performing voice, and in voice rehabilitation after larynx cancer surgery are available for therapy.
Our Healthcare Providers
No items were found matching the selected filters