Learn More About Alzheimer's Disease
To learn about steps you can take NOW to reduce your risk, and the latest Alzheimer's information, visit our patient, caregiver and family education site, AlzU.org. This site includes a free online course about everything one needs to know about AD, plus many activities and resources. This site has been featured on CNN.com, NBC Today Show, and Dr. Oz.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
Here are some items to bring to your appointment:
- Copies of your medical history, x-rays, and/or lab reports if you have them
- List of any medications that you may be taking and their dosages
- Your insurance information and card(s) (i.e., HMO, Medicare, Medicaid)
- Any forms your were mailed or faxed to complete
- A list of any questions you may have for your doctor
If you are insured under a managed care plan, before your appointment:
- Confirm that the physician you will be seeing is a participating provider in your plan, and obtain any prior authorization, if required
- Confirm that any service you will be receiving is covered under your plan, and obtain any prior authorization, if required
- Obtain any necessary referral authorization from your primary care physician before seeing a specialist
- Be prepared to pay your co-payment at the time of service
If you do not have insurance or the doctor you are seeing does not participate in your insurance plan, please be prepared to pay at the time of service.