You are here
Find a DoctorBrowse Specialists
Weill Cornell Emergency Medicine provides state-of-the-art emergency care to adults and children every hour of every day, helping more than 140,000 patients annually.
Our team of board-certified doctors and specialists are well equipped to treat any illness or injury, ranging from minor to complex. We receive, evaluate, and stabilize patients who are transferred to us from all over the world.
“The Weill Cornell Medicine Emergency Department provides the most advanced care, 24 hours per day. A multidisciplinary team of Emergency Medicine experts treats adults and children at our state-of-the-art facilities. Here, you’ll receive great care.”
— Rahul Sharma, M.D., Emergency Physician-in-Chief
Leaders in Comprehensive and Specialized Care
Weill Cornell Medicine physicians have consistently been leaders in patient care, in primary care, as well as in many specialty areas as diverse as in-vitro fertilization, neurology, oncology, and HIV/AIDS care.
- A Designated 911 Receiving Hospital: Our Emergency Department maintains one of the most extensive hospital-based ambulance services in the northeast. NYP EMS is completely integrated with our emergency department and hospital care.
- Level I Trauma Center: Our Emergency Department is recognized by the American College of Surgeons to be able to provide total care for all aspects of any injury. This is the highest designation possible for an Emergency Department.
- Psychiatric Emergency Receiving (9.39) Center: Our physicians are specially trained to provide the highest level of care for mental illnesses that require immediate observation and care.
- Burn Center for the City of New York: We are the largest Burn Center in the country, treating children and adults with comprehensive, expert care.
- Chest Pain Center: Patients who arrive at the Emergency Department with chest pain or sudden heart emergencies are seen by our team of heart specialists at the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory.
- Designated Stroke Center: The New York State Department of Health has designated our Emergency Department to be a Stroke Center because of our full team of stroke specialists on call 24 hours per day for stroke emergencies.
- Convenient Care for Non-Threatening Concerns: Our Telehealth Express Care and NYP OnDemand services provide patients with virtual visits with qualified nurses and physicians for care of minor health concerns.
- Network of Experts: In addition to its specialized focus, the Emergency Medicine Department of Weill Cornell Medicine is proud to partner with NewYork-Presbyterian, the #1 hospital in New York for 16 years running.
What Our Patients Are Saying
Talking about Peter Greenwald, M.D., MS
"he was good doctor to my mom"
Dec 08, 2020
A Qualified Member Of Staff
Talking about Rahul Sharma, M.D.
"Fantastic doctor. He is well versed in the latest procedures that interventional cardiology has to offer and provides great care to all his patients. He is an effective communicator, and always makes time for his patients to see them after cases. He performs thorough clinical assessments and works well with the team. I highly recommend seeing him and getting his opinion for any of your cardiology needs."
May 14, 2020
Talking about Thomas Naparst, M.D.
Apr 20, 2020
*Individual results may vary