Please read our updated visitor policy. For information about COVID-19 including symptoms, prevention and travel advice, please read our patient guide. If you have developed a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory symptoms, please schedule a Video Visit to discuss symptoms with your provider.
Weill Cornell Medicine doctors and other healthcare specialists provide outstanding emergency care for ill and injured children and young adults, 24 hours a day, seven days a week in a dedicated, child-friendly space separate from the adult emergency room. The Department of Pediatrics is affiliated with the Pediatric Emergency Department at the top-ranked NewYork-Presbyterian Phyllis and David Komansky Children’s Hospital.
We offer you and your child:
- Physicians board-certified/eligible in Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
- Skilled pediatric emergency nurses experienced in caring for young patients.
- Certified Child Life Specialists with emergency care expertise in child development, child advocacy, and in promoting a family-centered experience.
- Ancillary support staff including social workers who are dedicated to serving children in our Pediatric Emergency Service.
- Pediatric Urgent Care Telehealth from 6 p.m.-midnight, seven days a week.
- Rapid pain management. Our team will rapidly assess your child the moment he or she arrives, and provide comfort as fast as possible.
If you are concerned about your child's health, you may come to the Pediatric Emergency Service at any time without an appointment. You do not have to call the emergency department before you come. If you have a primary care pediatrician, upon your request, we will contact your pediatrician when you are in the Emergency Department.
If your child has recently received treatment in the Emergency Department and you have concerns related to your child's medical health, you may call your primary doctor or you may return to the Emergency Department. Many conditions evolve over time, and you may notice that your child has developed new or different symptoms after being discharged. Our staff is always available to perform further evaluation, including additional testing, if needed.
Our Healthcare Providers
No items were found matching the selected filters