Please read our updated visitor policy. For information about COVID-19 including symptoms, prevention and travel advice, please read our patient guide. If you have developed a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory symptoms, please schedule a Video Visit to discuss symptoms with your provider.
At Weill Cornell Medicine Emergency Department, the Medical Toxicology Service offers expert care to diagnose, manage, and prevent poisoning of all kinds.
Our specialists are all board-certified in both Emergency Medicine and Medical Toxicology. They provide bedside and telephone consultations for adults and children to:
● Treat acute or potential poisoning due to drugs, occupational and environmental toxins, and biological agents
● Treat chronic overdoses and withdrawal syndromes
● Prevent and treat medication errors
● Manage adverse drug reactions
Toxicology Experts who Provide Compassionate Care
The Medical Toxicology Service at Weill Cornell Medicine Emergency Department began in 2009 and has since provided over 3,000 consultations in adult and children patients.
Our physicians are renowned experts in Medical Toxicology. They have made notable achievements, in addition to providing outstanding clinical care to patients.
● Drs. Brenna Farmer and Rama Rao were awarded the NewYork-Presbyterian Pharmacy Partner Award
● Dr. Zhanna Livshits served as an Emergency Department expert for New York City’s Department of Health and Mental Hygiene advisory panel on harm reduction in opioid-using patients