Specialties and Expertise
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
The Emergency Department is the front door of the hospital. It is the place where we first greet our patients and forge a connection with them, learning who they are and what has prompted them to seek care. I love meeting the many diverse children and families who come through our door-- treating their pain, alleviating their anxiety, and helping them to feel better.
My primary academic interest is in the medical humanities. I run a narrative medicine workshop for pediatric residents, and I teach in the LEAP course at the medical school, a course which partners medical students with patients and helps to foster humanism in medicine.
I feel privileged every time a family entrusts me with the care of their child. What could be more important?
Dr. Rachel Kowalsky is Assistant Attending Pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell and Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine. She is board certified in Pediatrics.
After Dr. Kowalsky completed her BA at Brown University, she remained in New England where she attended Tufts University School of Medicine, receiving her medical degree (MD) and a Masters of Public Health (MPH). She came to NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital to complete her residency in Pediatrics, and continued her training with a Fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at New York University- Bellevue.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Emergency Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., M.P.H., Tufts University School of Medicine, 2003
- B.A., Brown University, 1997
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY