Shari Platt, M.D.
525 East 68th Street
New York, NY 10065
P: (212) 746-0780 (office) | F: (212) 746-4883
170 William Street
New York, NY 10038
525 East 68th Street, Room M130
New York, NY 10065
P: (212) 746-0780 | F: (212) 746-4883
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, 1989
Associate Attending Pediatrician
Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College
Dr. Shari L. Platt is the Chief of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, Director of the Pediatric Emergency Medicine fellowship program, and the Medical Director of the American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support program at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
After receiving her B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Platt entered medical school at the State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, earning her medical degree (M.D.). She completed her residency in pediatrics at New York Hospital and a fellowship in pediatric emergency medicine at the New York University School of Medicine/Bellevue Hospital Center.
In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Platt is a dedicated teacher and has taught in numerous venues for the Departments of Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine and the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine. She is committed to fellow and resident education and research. She has a dedicated interest in Evidence Based Medicine and in teaching this tool to residents and fellows.
Dr. Platt is also involved in numerous administrative activities, including membership in hospital and departmental committees, such as trauma, quality assurance, operations, moderate sedation and division chiefs. She is a fellow in the American Academy of Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine Section member as well as a member of the Ambulatory Pediatric Association and President of the Executive Committee of The New York Society of Pediatric Emergency Medicine.