Obstetrics and Gynecology (80th Street)
The Obstetrics and Gynecology division brings together a highly trained and specialized team of physicians, nurses and clinicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare services for every stage in a woman's life; from adolescence through childbearing to menopause and the post-menopausal years.
With an eye toward the emotional well-being of our patients, our practitioners create a warm, supportive and comforting environment for women. We also encourage our patients to be informed about their healthcare needs and to participate in their own care and treatment.
Our services offered include, but not limited to:
1. Well-woman care, with health maintenance exams, including cancer screening
2. Comprehensive family planning
3. Complete obstetrical care
4. Evaluation and management of abnormal PAP smears/HPV infections
5. Diagnosis and treatment of menstrual disorders, including abnormal bleeding, amenorrhea, and polycystic ovarian syndrome
6. Minimally invasive surgeries including laparoscopic and robotic surgeries
7. Surgical and non-surgical management of uterine fibroids
8. Individualized management during menopause, using both hormonal and non-hormonal treatment options.
While our focus in the division is principally on general obstetrics and gynecology, we are concerned with the overall healthcare needs of our patients. We work closely with specialists throughout the NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center to coordinate care, as necessary.
What Our Patients Are Saying
"Dr. Yu was great! She’s so nice and personable-she makes you feel like you’re a long time friend. She answered all my questions and seemed really relatable. I’m excited I found her!"
"Dr. Yu was very thorough in reviewing my medical history and making a checkup plan based on it. She also conducted a thorough examination. She gave me enough time and opportunity to bring up any issues or questions. She was very professional, as well as a very warm person, who treated me as a complete person and not just an ob-gyn patient."
"Dr. Yu was incredibly professional and also very down-to-Earth- very personable and not at all cold/clinical like some doctors tend to be. She took the time to listen to any concerns I had, and was proactive in making sure I was put in touch with the appropriate doctors for other conditions I'm dealing with outside of the obg/gyn sphere."