Obstetrics and Gynecology (80th Street)
The Obstetrics and Gynecology division brings together a highly trained and specialized team of physicians, nurses and clinicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare services for every stage in a woman's life; from adolescence through childbearing to menopause and the post-menopausal years.
With an eye toward the emotional well-being of our patients, our practitioners create a warm, supportive and comforting environment for women. We also encourage our patients to be informed about their healthcare needs and to participate in their own care and treatment.
Our services offered include, but not limited to:
1. Well-woman care, with health maintenance exams, including cancer screening
2. Comprehensive family planning
3. Complete obstetrical care
4. Evaluation and management of abnormal PAP smears/HPV infections
5. Diagnosis and treatment of menstrual disorders, including abnormal bleeding, amenorrhea, and polycystic ovarian syndrome
6. Minimally invasive surgeries including laparoscopic and robotic surgeries
7. Surgical and non-surgical management of uterine fibroids
8. Individualized management during menopause, using both hormonal and non-hormonal treatment options.
While our focus in the division is principally on general obstetrics and gynecology, we are concerned with the overall healthcare needs of our patients. We work closely with specialists throughout the NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center to coordinate care, as necessary.
What Our Patients Are Saying
"I’ve been a patient of Dr. Leonard’s for about 10 years and he is a wonderful doctor. He helped me through my pregnancy and delivery of my daughter over 7 years ago and all of my care to date. He is very responsive to any challenges or questions I have had over the years. Even though I moved to NJ and work on the complete opposite side of NYC, I always make the trip to his practice. He is well worth it. The best!"
"Dr. Dobrenis is just amazing! She delivered my first daughter and made the experiment so stress-free and joyous. She has such positive energy and is extremely knowledgeable and nice so puts you at ease on all fronts. You immediately feel like you are in good hands. She is a wonderful, caring doctor and a terrific person. Also, I can’t recommend Cornell enough - it’s a wonderful place to have your baby. The doctors and nurses are all super professional and warm and the facilities are top notch."
"Dr Hockstein is fantastic! Amazing bedside manner and spends ample time with patients explaining everything and making them feel comfortable. I had a wonderful experience with him and I’m glad he is my doctor."