Specialties and Expertise
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- General OB/GYN
“The greatest gift a doctor can receive is her patients’ trust to care for them. I never take that responsibility lightly or for granted.”
Dr. Sidney Wu moved to the East Coast from California for her undergraduate studies at Yale University where she earned her Bachelor of Science degree. Even in college, she was interested in women’s health, which was reflected in her extracurricular volunteer and work organizations. She graduated from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in 1998 with her medical doctorate knowing that her career would be dedicated to women’s health.
She completed her ob/gyn residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital in 2002 and stayed as a voluntary attending with a clinical instructor appointment with Weill Cornell Medical College. She has until recently been in private practice where she has provided continuous high quality care to thousands of patients. She is now part of the full-time faculty practice at Weill Cornell Medicine where her focus remains on general obstetrics and gynecology, providing a wider range of care for young women in their teens through older patients in their menopausal years.
Dr. Wu has been affiliated continually with New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center where she has privileges for surgical and obstetrical care. She plays an active role in the teaching environment of the medical center, mentoring medical students and resident physicians.
Dr. Wu is fluent in English, Mandarin Chinese, and Taiwanese.
When not working, Dr. Wu spends her free time reading, knitting, and cooking. She and her long-time partner Mark love to spoil their six pound Pomeranian dog.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1998
- B.S., Yale University, 1993
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass