Obstetrics and Gynecology (61st Street)
The Obstetrics and Gynecology division brings together a highly trained and specialized team of physicians, nurses and clinicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare services for every stage in a woman's life; from adolescence through child-bearing to menopause and the post-menopausal years.
With an eye toward the emotional well-being of our patients, our practitioners create a warm, supportive and comforting environment for women. We also encourage our patients to be informed about their healthcare needs and to participate in their own care and treatment.
Our services offered include, but not limited to:
1. Well-woman care, with health maintenance exams, including cancer screening
2. Comprehensive family planning
3. Complete obstetrical care
4. Evaluation and management of abnormal PAP smears/HPV infections
5. Diagnosis and treatment of menstrual disorders, including abnormal bleeding, amenorrhea, and polycystic ovarian syndrome
6. Minimally invasive surgeries including laparoscopic and robotic surgeries
7. Surgical and non-surgical management of uterine fibroids
8. Individualized management during menopause, using both hormonal and non-hormonal treatment options.
While our focus in the division is principally on general obstetrics and gynecology, we are concerned with the overall healthcare needs of our patients. We work closely with specialists throughout the NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center to coordinate care, as necessary.
What Our Patients Are Saying
"A fantastic doctor!!! So happy with him. He is my OBGYN during my pregnancy. Answers all of my questions, very prompt and has been taking great care."
"Dr Hockstein delivered 2 of my boys via c section. For my second son which was an emergency c section as I went into labor early, Dr Hockstein was not scheduled to deliver that day. Even though he wasn't scheduled, he made sure to be there for my c section anyway. We greatly appreciated this and are so thankful to him. I've always had positive experiences with dr Hockstein, dr dobrenis, dr Leonard, and dr Sidney wu. Maciele, dr Hocksteins asst is also fantastic. Thank you so much"