Locations and Appointments
- Gynecologic Tumors
- Gynecologic Hormonal Disorders
- Gynecologic Exams
- Gynecological Disease
- Gynecologic Disease
- Gyn Exam
- Ovarian Cyst
- Wellness Examination
- Pre-Conception Counseling
- Family Planning
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.B.,Ch.B., St. Bartholomew's and the Royal London School of Medicine (United Kingdom), 1999
- M.S., University College, London (United Kingdom), 1994
Dr. Lona Prasad specializes in gynecology. She sees patients at 525 East 68th Street, 425 East 61st Street, and 156 William Street.
Dr. Lona Prasad is a board certified gynecologist who provides both medical and surgical care for her patients. Her areas of interest include treating fibroids, endometriosis, abnormal uterine bleeding, ovarian cysts and abnormal pap smears. She also offers routine wellness, preconception, family planning, sexual health and menopausal care.
Dr. Prasad is also certified through the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine (ABIHM) and combines the use of conventional and complementary therapies whenever possible in order to facilitate optimal health for her patients.
In addition, she is a member of the LGBT steering committee and has completed healthcare training through the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH).
She practices health care holistically, addressing each patient as a whole person – body, mind and spirit, using a comfortable and non-judgmental approach.
Dr. Prasad received an MS in Physiology from the University College, London (UK) and received her MD from Saint Bartholomew's and the Royal London College of Medicine (UK). She has completed post-doctoral training at Whipps Cross Hospital, London (UK) and at the Royal London Hospital (UK). She completed her intern year of residency at Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, followed by three years of residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York. Dr. Prasad accepted a faculty appointment at Weill Cornell Medical College in 2006.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans