Lona Prasad, MD, FACOG
Dr. Lona Prasad practices at Weill Cornell Ob/Gyn’s 68th Street offices. She specializes in gynecology.
- Gynecologic Tumors
- Gynecologic Hormonal Disorders
- Gynecologic Exams
- Gynecological Disease
- Gynecologic Disease
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.S., University College, London (United Kingdom), 1994
- M.B.,Ch.B., St. Bartholomew's and the Royal London School of Medicine (United Kingdom), 1999
Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Lona Prasad was initially attracted to Weill Cornell because of its state of the art facilities and its reputation as one of the top medical institutions. As a faculty member of the Ob/Gyn department, Dr. Prasad finds it rewarding to work in conjunction with her colleagues to serve a diverse population of gynecological patients. She is helping to apply minimally invasive surgical techniques in order to reduce risks, improve patient outcomes and recovery times.
Dr. Prasad trained as an intern at Weill Cornell and now mentors students, interns and residents. She is constantly challenging herself and her students to stay on top of the best practices and latest techniques in the field. In 2008 she received an award for teaching excellence.
Dr. Prasad is also board certified in integrative holistic medicine, a practice in which the art and science of healing addresses the care of the whole person - body, mind and spirit. One of her goals is to prevent and treat disease by addressing contributing factors. Her practice integrates the use of conventional and complementary therapies to facilitate optimal health and thereby improve the quality of life experience for her patients.
Dr. Prasad received an MS in Physiology from the University College, London (UK) and received her MD from Saint Bartholomew's and the Royal London College of Medicine (UK). She has completed post-doctoral training at Whipps Cross Hospital, London (UK) and at the Royal London Hospital (UK). She completed her intern year of residency at Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, followed by three years of residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York. Dr. Prasad accepted a faculty appointment at Weill Cornell Medical College in 2006.