Specialties and Expertise
- Pap Smear
- Gynecologic Exams
- Gyn Exam
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease)
- Wellness Examination
Dr. Susan Loeb-Zeitlin practices at Weill Cornell Ob/Gyn’s 61st Street offices. She specializes in gynecology.
“Medicine isn’t about treating individual symptoms. It’s about treating individual people.”
For many women, health issues and life issues are inseparable. That’s why it’s so important for doctor and patient to spend time establishing a personal relationship. Dr. Loeb-Zeitlin believes it should be “doctor as whole person connecting with patient as whole person.”
Dr. Loeb-Zeitlin treats women of all ages, from adolescence through menopause. Her goal is to provide complete, personalized women’s health care that encompasses all the special health issues women face, including family planning, balancing work and personal life and the challenges of aging. She is always ready to discuss issues such as wellness, contraception, prevention and treatment of STDs, treatment of abnormal pap smears and HPV, and strategies for addressing symptoms and discomforts of menopause.
While Dr. Loeb-Zeitlin concentrates on outpatient gynecological services, her practice colleagues provide the full range of gynecological and obstetrical services. The practice takes great pride in its outstanding patient satisfaction ratings, which mean a great deal in such a personal field as Obstetrics and Gynecology.
With two active, healthy children, Dr. Loeb-Zeitlin faces a lot of the same life-balance issues as her patients. Dr. Loeb-Zeitlin did her internship and residency here at Weill Cornell Medical Center, and delivered both of her children here. She has chosen Weill Cornell because, as one of the world’s foremost academic medical centers, the people and technology in virtually every branch of medicine here are among the best anywhere.
“Weill Cornell is as great a place to be a patient as it is to be a physician, and for a lot of the same reasons. Our methods and skills are totally up-to-date. We’re learning and developing new techniques all the time.”
A cum laude graduate of Brandeis University, Dr. Loeb-Zeitlin received her M.D. from the UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School, where she was in the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. She completed her residency at Cornell University Medical College and accepted a faculty appointment at Weill Cornell Medical College in 1998.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 1994
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- * Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass