Lisa Kalik, M.D.
I love primary care because it allows me to develop long term relationships with my patients. I always look at the whole person, down to the smallest detail to ensure I address all the issues. It is extremely important to me to coordinate care among specialists and be the quarter back for my patients’ care.
Specialties and Expertise
- Primary Care Internist
- Chest Pain
- Counseling For Travel
- Vaccines and Immunizations
- Telemedicine Assessment
- Preoperative Assessment
- Anxiety and Depression
- Primary Care
Dr. Lisa Kalik earned her undergraduate degree at Duke University with a BS in psychology in 1999. She went to medical school at New York University (NYU) finishing in 2004 and then completed her internal medicine residency training there in 2007. Dr. Kalik went on two medical missions with Doctors without Borders in 2007 and 2008, spending 6 months in a South Sudan hospital treating patients with Human African Trypanosomiasis (sleeping sickness) and three months in Nigeria responding to measles and meningitis outbreaks. Shortly after her travels to Africa, she went to Chinle, Arizona for two months and worked in a hospital and clinic on the Navajo Indian Reservation. Since her return to New York in 2009 and prior to joining Weill Cornell Medicine in 2020, she practiced general internal medicine first at NYU Internal Medicine Associates and then at Medical Offices of Manhattan. Dr. Kalik currently lives in Long Island City with her husband and two children.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., New York University, 2004
- B.S., Duke University, 1999
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported