Matthew S. Simon, M.D., MSc
Specialties and Expertise
Matthew Simon is a hospitalist who cares for hospitalized patients only and does not have out-patient practices.
Dr. Simon is an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Infectious Diseases and an Assistant Professor of Population Health Sciences in the Division of Comparative Effectiveness and Outcomes Research. He is the Associate Hospital Epidemiologist and an Assistant Attending Physician at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Simon received his undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania and his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He completed residency training in internal medicine, preventive medicine and infectious diseases fellowship at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He earned a Masters of Science degree in Clinical and Translational Investigation from Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences.
Dr. Simon is board-certified in internal medicine and infectious diseases. His academic interests include clinical decision analysis and cost-effectiveness analysis of infectious disease problems.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- 2009 David E Rogers Memorial Research Award. Weill Cornell Medical College
- 2012 Lee B. Lusted Student Research Prize: Finalist, Health Services and Policy Research. 34th Annual Meeting of the Society for Medical Decision Making. Phoenix, AZ October 17-20, 2012.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Infectious Disease)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Population Health Sciences - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.Sc., Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, 2013
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2006
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 2002
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported