I am thrilled to work at Weill Cornell as an attending physician after completing my residency here in Internal Medicine. This role embodies what I enjoy most about primary care medicine: thinking broadly about a patient’s symptoms to come to an accurate diagnosis, coordinating care with multiple specialists for patients with complex medical needs, and developing sincere, long-term relationships with my patients. Although I enjoy taking care of any medical concerns patients bring to me, my specific clinical interests include: preventative medicine, LGBT health, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), and mental health in the primary care setting.
Specialties and Expertise
- LGBT Health Care
- Primary Care Internist
- Primary Care
Dr. McWilliams is originally from upstate New York. He went to college at Harvard University, where he graduated cum laude in Biology with a minor in Spanish. He earned his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine and completed his residency training in Internal Medicine with a focus in Primary Care at New York-Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr.McWilliams has a particular interest in LGBT medicine. He lives in New York City with his partner Scott and his rescue dog Mango. He enjoys traveling, skiing, and playing the piano.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Instructor in Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Georgetown University School of Medicine, 2017
- B.A., Harvard College, 2009
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- * Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical