Specialties and Expertise
- General Pediatrics
- Mental Health Problem
Dr. Green is Vice Chair of Behavioral Health in the Department of Pediatrics and associate professor of clinical pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine, and associate attending pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian Phyllis and David Komansky Children's Hospital at Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Green earned her B.S. in psychology from the University of Michigan and then attended Rush University Medical College in Chicago, Illinois for both medical school and residency. Following residency, Dr. Green obtained a master’s degree in Clinical Investigation during a fellowship in General Academic Pediatrics at the New York University School of Medicine. During this time she worked on a National Institutes of Health funded project studying the influences of both maternal literacy and depression on parenting and child development. This was followed by a year at Montefiore Medical Center in the Department of Social Pediatrics were she received a certificate of medical education through a Faculty Development Fellowship. She is board certified in Pediatrics.
Dr. Green's clinical and research focus is the integration of pediatric mental health care into the primary medical home. During the 2012-2013 academic year she completed a fellowship in Healthcare Quality and Medical Informatics, during which she looked at anxiety as an independent predictor of unmet health care needs in children with chronic conditions. She has studied and published a needs assessment on mental health training in pediatric residency programs, created a national curriculum through the American Academy of Pediatrics, and joined a New York State and national initiative (Project Teach) to train primary care providers currently in practice to improve MH care in their practice.
Dr. Green has been involved in various scholarly activities in studying different aspects of mental health integration including the evaluation of a co-located model of mental health in a residency training program. She currently is the recipient of a K award that will enable her to study integrated models of care in residency training programs throughout the country.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Excellence in Teaching Award, Cornell Medical College, 2011. For excellence in teaching the Pediatric Sub-Internship.
Excellence in Teaching Award, Cornell Medical College, 2015. For excellence in teaching in the Pediatric Clerkship.
- American Board of Pediatrics
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.Sc., New York University School of Medicine, 2008
- M.D., Rush Medical College, 2003
- B.S., University of Michigan, 1998
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported