Being a pediatrician was a life-long dream of mine that was solidified during residency when I was able to care for my own panel of patients and foster meaningful and lasting patient relationships. I have always loved how each visit in a pediatric office varies greatly depending on the child’s age and unique healthcare needs. I tremendously enjoy providing care for not just the child but also addressing the needs of the family unit. I have consistently found great reward in my interactions with little ones and their families. This has motivated me to continually strive for the best possible evidence-based care while maintaining a family centered and collaborative approach.
Specialties and Expertise
- General Pediatrics
- Newborn Medicine
- Newborn and Infant Care
- Vaccines and Immunizations
Dr. Alison Austin received her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Pittsburgh with concentrations in the philosophy of science as well as biology, particularly focusing on medical ethics. She attended medical school at Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine in Pennsylvania. Dr. Austin completed her residency training in pediatrics at New York- Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center. Upon completing her training in general pediatrics, Dr. Austin joined Weill Cornell Medicine. Dr. Austin has particular interests in newborn medicine, preventative care, and child development.
- American Board of Pediatrics
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Instructor in Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., The Commonwealth Medical College, 2017
- B.S., University of Pittsburgh, 2013
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- * Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported