Please read our updated visitor policy. For information about COVID-19 including symptoms, prevention and travel advice, please read our patient guide. If you have developed a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory symptoms, please schedule a Video Visit to discuss symptoms with your provider.
The Weill Cornell Dermatology Center for Diverse Skin Complexions (CDSC) was founded to bring expertise in the diagnosis and management of conditions of the skin, hair and nails that are common or have a special impact in more heavily pigmented skin. The founding director of the CDSC is Dr. Eva Kerby and the center is comprised of dermatologists at Weill Cornell who have an expertise and genuine interest in skin disorders of individuals with darker skin. We provide specialized medical, surgical and cosmetic care to patients of all backgrounds and skin types with a special emphasis on patients of color.
Conditions We Treat:
We provide comprehensive technologies and drug treatment regimens to treat conditions such as:
● Eczema and other skin disorders
● Keloids and hypertrophic scars (enlarged, thick scars)
● Dark or light spots (melasma, vitiligo)
● Hair loss (including, but not limited to: central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia, traction alopecia, alopecia areata, frontal fibrosing alopecia)
● Seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff)
● Pseudofolliculitis barbae (razor bumps)
● Acne keloidalis nuchae
● Nail problems
We offer a variety of specialized cosmetic procedures and provide expertise and meticulous care for the specific needs of patients with more heavily pigmented skin.
● Laser hair removal (Nd:YAG laser)
● Neurotoxins (ex: Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) and injectable fillers (ex: Juvederm, Restylane, Belotero, Radiesse) for facial volume loss and wrinkles
● Chemical peels for: acne scarring, uneven skin pigmentation, skin rejuvenation
● Microneedling for: acne scarring, uneven skin pigmentation, skin rejuvenation
● Removal of unwanted skin growths (dermatosis papulosa nigra, seborrheic keratoses, skin tags, skin cysts)
● Platelet Rich Plasma Injections for Hair Loss
How do Patients Benefit from the Weill Cornell Dermatology Center for Diverse Skin Complexions?
As one of the few centers in the United States specializing in more heavily pigmented skin, we focus on optimizing the medical, surgical, and cosmetic care of patients with a diverse array of skin complexions. Many dermatologic conditions must be treated differently depending on one's skin tone. Additionally, many conditions that are common in patients with darker skin tones may present differently than in patients with lighter skin tones. The Weill Cornell CDSC is led by board-certified dermatologists who have great expertise in treating these conditions. We have an appreciation for cultural differences that may impact skin and skincare practices and provide people with all skin types optimal dermatologic care.
We look forward to meeting you and addressing your concerns!
Book an appointment with Dr. Eva Kerby