I am an experienced general pediatrician committed to providing comprehensive, compassionate care. I look forward to establishing long-term relationships with patients and their families to ensure they thrive physically, developmentally and emotionally. I am also a strong advocate for children with special health care needs and I enjoy working closely with families to support the needs of their children.
Specialties and Expertise
- General Pediatrics
- Developmental Problems
- Vaccines and Immunizations
- Newborn and Infant Care
Dr. Sherry Huang graduated Summa Cum Laude from the City College of New York and received her medical degree from New York University School of Medicine. She completed her pediatric internship and residency at NYU Langone Medical Center. Dr. Huang is board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics.
Before joining Weill Cornell, Dr. Huang worked at the Charles B. Wang Community Health Center in New York City for 13 years as a Senior Pediatrician and Co-Director of the Pediatric Special Needs Program. In addition to a busy clinical practice, Dr. Huang was instrumental in the creation and leadership of a support program for parents of children with special health care needs, and was successful in improving the systems of care for such children and their families.
Dr. Huang joined Weill Cornell in 2020 as an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics and the Site Medical Director of the 156 William Street location.
- American Board of Pediatrics
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2004
- B.S., City College, City University of New York, 1999
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical