Please read our updated visitor policy. For information about COVID-19 including symptoms, prevention and travel advice, please read our patient guide. If you have developed a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory symptoms, please schedule a Video Visit to discuss symptoms with your provider.
You are here
Cardiovascular Disease Prevention (HeartHealth)
(646) 962-HART (4278)
Weill Cornell Medcine’s HeartHealth program offers a comprehensive cardiovascular evaluation for healthy individuals with significant cardiovascular risk factors, such as family history or underlying conditions. We offer up-to-date imaging techniques to diagnose early cardiac disease that is asymptomatic (or not causing any symptoms in a patient’s overall health). Because many of us are unaware of our risk, we recommend individuals with any of the below criteria to consider having an evaluation with our preventative cardiologists at HeartHealth in New York City.
New York's Premier Preventative Cardiology Program
Consultation with a heart disease physician is particularly important for individuals who have:
- A family member with a heart attack, stroke or sudden death at a young age (men < 55 years old, women < 65)
- Diabetes (or “pre-diabetes”)
- Chest radiation therapy
- A history of a high-risk pregnancy (such as gestational diabetes, hypertension or pre-eclampsia)
- A chronic inflammatory disorder (such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Sleep apnea and/or
- Current or past history of depression
In addition, individuals embarking on a vigorous exercise program may want to consider receiving an evaluation from one of our cardiovascular disease physicians.