You are here
Soo J. Rhee, MD is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery and an Assistant Attending Surgeon in the Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Board-certified in both vascular and general surgery, Dr. Rhee has strong expertise in state-of-the-art, minimally invasive treatment for varicose veins including endovenous laser, radiofrequency, and mechanochemical ablation. She also specializes in cosmetic treatment of spider veins.
- Vascular Surgery
- Mechanochemical Endovenous Ablation of Varicose Vein
- Cosmetic Sclerotherapy of Legs
- Varicose Veins
- Varicose Vein Removal
- Spider Veins
- Sclerotherapy (Spider Vein)
- Radiofrequency Ablation of Varicose Vein of Lower Extremity
- Phlebectomy, Varicose Vein
- US Guided Foam Sclerotherapy For Varicose Vein of Leg
- Varicose Veins of Legs In Pregnancy
- Varicose Veins of Vulva and Perineum Complicating Pregnancy
- Varicose Veins of the Pelvic Area
- Sclerotherapy, Varicose Vein
- Varicose Veins of Leg With Swelling
- Varicose Veins of Leg With Pain
- Varicose Veins of Leg With Complications
- Ultrasound Guidance For Ablation of Vein of Extremity
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2000
- B.A., Princeton University, 1996
Honors and Awards
May 2007 New York Society for Vascular Surgery, New York, NY
Awarded W.L Gore research grant for basic science
"Prevention of neointimal hyperplasia with Paclitaxel in a porcine model of arteriovenous and arterioarterial graft stenosis"
May 2003 Montefiore Young Investigators' Symposium, Bronx, NY
"Does transrenal fixation of aortic endografts cause renal infarcts and impair renal function?"
March 2003 New York Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, New York, NY
Third Prize in Resident Presentation Forum
"Acute stump appendicitis following laparoscopic appendectomy: a report of four cases"
May 1996 Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
Graduated with Cum Laude Honors
Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery (Vascular)
Weill Cornell Medical College
Assistant Attending Surgeon
Dr. Rhee is co-director of the Comprehensive Vein Program, which provides comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of all forms of venous disorders, including deep vein thrombosis (DVT), venous ulcers, and varicose and spider veins.
A cum laude graduate of Princeton University, Dr. Rhee earned her MD from NYU School of Medicine in 2000. She did her residency training at Montefiore Medical Center and completed her fellowship in Vascular Surgery at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical College and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Dr. Rhee is a member of several prestigious medical and surgical societies, including the American College of Surgeons, the American College of Phlebology and the New England Society for Vascular Surgery. She is also credentialed as a Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI). She is well published in her field and has given many presentations at professional meetings across the country.