HeartHealth, a program of the Dalio Institute of Cardiovascular Imaging at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, is a state-of-the-art clinical program that will evaluate individuals at risk of cardiovascular disease. Our mission is to prevent cardiovascular disease and promote overall health and well-being.
In addition to providing a comprehensive cardiovascular consultation and exam, we employ advanced cardiac imaging, biomarkers, lipid profiling and psychosocial inventories to assess patients' overall physical and emotional well-being. This multi-disciplinary approach will determine the presence or extent of cardiovascular disease with precision. We work in collaboration with a team of clinical specialists including behavioral psychologists, nutritionists, and radiologists. We will devise an individualized plan to decrease the chance of a cardiovascular event such as heart attack or stroke and, more importantly, increase health awareness and promote healthy choices.
We are engaging software specialists to develop patient centric mobile apps that will provide real-time data to participants and physicians that will motivate and modify behavior.
Your experience with our practice will include the following:
- Evaluation by our preventative cardiology specialists and follow-up visits to track your progress
- Comprehensive lab tests to measure cardiac risk factors, including lipid/lipoprotein and biomarkers
- Echocardiogram to visualize the heart muscle and valve function
- Coronary calcium assessment
- Specialized imaging tests, including Cardiac CT scans, if appropriate
- Exercise stress tests and other optional evaluations, such as cardiac PET and MRI
- Genetic screening for cardiovascular disease
- Cardiovascular risk profiling and risk scoring to help you stay on track with your treatment plan
- Referral to a dietitian, behavioral psychologist or exercise physiologist, if appropriate
- Referral to other risk-reducing medical subspecialities including but not limited to endocrinology, bariatric surgery and our Sleep Center
- Opportunity for enrollment in clinical trials regarding imaging and prevention
- Patient centric mobile apps to track your personal progress (in progress)
Our service is meant to complement existing care provided by the patients' primary physician or cardiologist.
If you are interested in more information or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us at 646-962-HART (4278), or visit our program website at hearthealth.weillcornell.org.
Location: 1305 York Avenue, 8th Floor (SW corner of 70th St & York Ave), New York, NY 10021.
PREPARATION FOR YOUR INITIAL VISIT
We strive to make your visit go as efficiently and smoothly as possible. Having the necessary information about you prior to your arrival will facilitate the process. Please complete the New Patient Questionnaire and return along with a copy of your insurance card (front and back) and applicable test results listed on the Welcome Letter by fax at 646-962-0188 or by email at HeartHealth@med.cornell.edu. Please note that if you send the information to Weill Cornell by email, Weill Cornell cannot be responsible for the security of electronic information in transit to Weill Cornell (ie on you computer, in your outbox, or on your internet provider's server)