Pediatric and Adolescent Dermatology
1305 York Avenue, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10021
156 William Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10038
2315 Broadway, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10024
We provide effective and compassionate treatment for infants, children, and adolescents with any skin, nail, or hair disorder — ranging from the common to complex — to improve and enhance quality of life.
The expertise parents want for their children: The pediatric dermatologists at Weill Cornell Medicine specialize in treating pediatric patients. They are board certified in pediatric dermatology and have extensive experience working with children from diverse backgrounds and communities.
Our physicians understand parents’ concern for their infant, child, or adolescent’s sensitive skin, as well as the toll that a skin disorder can have on a young person’s self esteem and confidence. Using the latest medical research, our pediatric dermatologists design effective, individualized treatment plans designed to meet each patient’s specific developmental, psychological, and physical needs.
By focusing on educating patients and families about skin diseases and health, our pediatric dermatologists improve health, safety, and prevent permanent cosmetic problems.
Conditions We Treat
The pediatric dermatologists at Weill Cornell Medicine treat all types of skin conditions in newborns, children, and adolescents. These include, but are not limited to:
● Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
● Newborn skin diseases
○ Newborn atopic dermatitis
○ Birthmarks (vascular and nonvascular)
○ Newborn skin infections
● Adolescent skin issues
○ Skin infections
● Skin infections
○ Bacterial infections
○ Cold sores
○ Fungal infections
● Genetic diseases
○ Genetic skin disorders
○ Dermatological effects of pediatric gastrointestinal disorders or rheumatological disorders
● Hair loss in children and adolescents
● Nail disorders in children and adolescents
● Complex medical dermatology conditions in children and adolescents
The Comprehensive Vascular Anomaly Center: Children and adolescents with difficult birthmarks receive specialized, multidisciplinary treatment at this Center. Our pediatric dermatologists collaborate with a wide range of specialists, including pediatric surgeons, plastic surgeons, otolaryngologists, radiologists, and others to provide the best possible care and results.
Using a multidisciplinary approach and the most advanced therapies available, physicians at the Comprehensive Vascular Anomaly Center treat:
● Port wine stains and other vascular malformations
● Hemangiomas and other vascular tumors
Pediatric Dermatology Treatments
Our infant, child, and adolescent patients receive the most advanced treatments available, along with compassionate care that recognizes their particular emotional and physical needs. Treatment plans are tailored to the patient’s age and specific medical, psychological, and developmental needs.
● Topical and oral medications
● Laser therapy
● Phototherapy (We are proud to be one of the only facilities in the region offering phototherapy treatments to pediatric patients.)
Why Do Parents Choose Weill Cornell Medicine for Pediatric Dermatology?
● Multilingual, board-certified pediatric dermatologists
● Effective, compassionate care for a wide range of skin disorders
● Treatment based on the latest medical research, using the most advanced technology and equipment available
● Expertise in complex disorders and severe skin diseases in infants, children, and adolescents
● Interdisciplinary and collaborative relationship with other specialists
● Convenience for parents: multiple locations, flexible appointment hours, and a wide range of accepted insurances