Specialties and Expertise
- General Pediatrics
Dr. Nicole Wawrin received her medical degree (M.D.) from the University of Toledo in 2015. During her medical training, she also completed a Masters in Public Health with a focus on Epidemiology and Health Education. She completed her pediatric residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell in 2018.
During her residency, she helped design a simulation program for caregivers of children with newly placed tracheostomies to facilitate safe discharge. Her interests include pediatric asthma, food and environmental allergies, female health, and preventative medicine. Dr. Wawrin is a board-certified pediatrician and Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. She joined Weill Cornell Medicine-Primary Care in 2018.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Instructor in Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Toledo College of Medicine, 2015
- M.P.H., University of Toledo, 2013
- B.S., Kent State University, 2010
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care