Specialties and Expertise
- Women's Health
- Musculoskeletal Problems In Pregnancy
- Female Pelvic Pain
- Urinary and Bowel Incontinence
- Lower Back Pain
- Groin Pain
- Pain In the Abdomen
- Pelvic Pain
- Hip Pain
- Postpartum Pain
- Chronic Pelvic Pain In Female
- Rehabilitation After Gynecologic Surgery
- Women's Sports Injuries
- Musculoskeletal Problems In Pregnancy
- Male Pelvic Pain
Jaclyn H. Bonder, MD serves as the Medical Director of Women’s Health Rehabilitation at Weill Cornell Medicine & New York Presbyterian – Weill Cornell Medical Center. She is also Assistant Professor, in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College. Dr. Bonder provides comprehensive musculoskeletal and rehabilitative care to women, with a particular interest in conditions related to pelvic floor muscle dysfunction and weakness, including chronic pelvic pain, urinary and bowel incontinence, as well as pain in lower back, groin, abdomen and hips. Her other areas of expertise include musculoskeletal problems related to pregnancy; post-partum pain, weakness, tingling or numbness; sports injuries specific to women; and rehabilitation following gynecologic surgeries.
Dr. Jaclyn H. Bonder received her undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania before attending medical school at New York University. She did her post-graduate residency training at the Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine of NYU Langone Medical Center. During her residency, she was honored with the position of Chief Resident and with funding to support growth of women's health rehabilitation in both academic and clinical areas. Dr. Bonder stayed on faculty at NYU/Rusk for four years, prior to joining the Weill Cornell faculty in 2014.
Dr. Bonder aims to decrease pain in her patients while improving their quality of life. Her particular interest in treating musculoskeletal causes of pelvic pain, pelvic girdle pain and pelvic floor muscle dysfunction is a unique perspective on conditions which are quite common yet often overlooked, misdiagnosed and under treated. Pelvic pain can have multiple etiologies but in all of them, the muscles, joints and nerves of the pelvis are almost always affected, either primarily or secondarily. Dr. Bonder offers non-surgical treatment modalities to help improve patients’ symptoms and overall health.
Dr. Bonder’s expertise in women’s health also allows her to give care to pregnant and postpartum women who are suffering with such conditions as back pain, pelvic pain, incontinence or diastasis recti. Many patients are unaware of potential treatment options for these issues so Dr. Bonder’s goal is to assist women feel better so they can continue to enjoy this special time in their life.
As a mother to two young boys, she thrives on connecting to her patients through her own experiences. She lives in Manhattan with her children and husband.
Dr. Bonder has been honored as Super Doctors- New York Rising Star 2013, 2014 and 2016 which represents the top New York doctors in more than 30 specialties that have been fully licensed for 10 years or less.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Dr. Bonder has been honored as Super Doctors- New York Rising Star 2013 and 2014 which represents the top New York doctors in more than 30 specialties that have been fully licensed for 10 years or less.
- American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine - Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Associate Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Rehabilitation Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine - Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
Education and Training
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2005
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1999
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- * Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported