As a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator in pediatrics, I strongly value the impact nutrition has on a child’s health and well-being. I aim to create an open and honest environment that emphasizes child involvement. I focus on an individualized approach to address specialized nutritional needs and create sustainable nutrition plans.
Specialties and Expertise
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Nephrology
- Childhood Obesity
- Weight Management In Pediatric Patient
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Bariatric Surgery
- Underweight In Childhood
- Hypercholesterolemia With Hypertriglyceridemia
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Nephrotic Syndrome
Isabel Reckson is a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator at Weill Cornell Medicine in the Divisions of Pediatric Endocrinology and Pediatric Nephrology.
Ms. Reckson is a member of the diabetes team, specializing in nutrition therapy for children with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, and part of the Pediatric Obesity Program team. She is a course co-leader with Dr. Marisa Censani for the Kids and Teens Healthy Weight Program, which delivers small group sessions to children and families focused on healthy eating and other food and nutrition concepts.
Within the Pediatric Nephrology Division, Ms. Reckson provides medical nutrition therapy to children with kidney diseases and disorders such as chronic kidney disease, hypertension, nephrotic syndrome, and proteinuria.
Ms. Reckson received her B.S in dietetics from the University of Maryland, College Park, her R.D from Rutgers, School of Health Related Professions, and her M.P.H from City University of New York. After her dietetic internship, she worked within the Mount Sinai community to provide nutrition care to an inpatient population, while also becoming a certified diabetes educator to provide comprehensive care in diabetes management and prevention.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported