You are here
As a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator in pediatrics, I strongly value the impact nutrition has on a child’s health and well-being. I aim to create an open and honest environment that emphasizes child involvement. I focus on an individualized approach to address specialized nutritional needs and create sustainable nutrition plans.
Specialties & Expertise
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Nephrology
- Childhood Obesity
- Weight Management In Pediatric Patient
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Bariatric Surgery
- Underweight In Childhood
- Hypercholesterolemia With Hypertriglyceridemia
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Nephrotic Syndrome
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
Isabel Reckson is a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator at Weill Cornell Medicine in the Divisions of Pediatric Endocrinology and Pediatric Nephrology.
Ms. Reckson is a member of the diabetes team, specializing in nutrition therapy for children with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, and part of the Pediatric Obesity Program team. She is a course co-leader with Dr. Marisa Censani for the Kids and Teens Healthy Weight Program, which delivers small group sessions to children and families focused on healthy eating and other food and nutrition concepts.
Within the Pediatric Nephrology Division, Ms. Reckson provides medical nutrition therapy to children with kidney diseases and disorders such as chronic kidney disease, hypertension, nephrotic syndrome, and proteinuria.
Ms. Reckson received her B.S in dietetics from the University of Maryland, College Park and her R.D from Rutgers, School of Health Related Professions. After her dietetic internship, she worked within the Mount Sinai community to provide nutrition care to an inpatient population, while also becoming a certified diabetes educator to provide comprehensive care in diabetes management and prevention. Ms. Reckson is currently finishing her Master’s in Public Health at the City University of New York.