ICHANGE (Innovative Center for Health and Nutrition in Gastroenterology)
The Innovative Center for Nutrition and Gastroenterology (ICHANGE) uses a unique, comprehensive approach to treat gastrointestinal diseases that are related to or exacerbated by obesity. Our science-based approach is tailored to each person we treat; no two plans are alike.
This program is ideal for patients who are overweight and facing digestive and liver issues such as:
• Fatty Liver Disease
• Abdominal pain
• Irregular bowel movements
ICHANGE’s team of experts is also uniquely positioned to help gastroenterology and hepatology patients:
• Lose weight
• Reduce extra fat in the liver
• Manage elevated cholesterol
• Lower high blood sugar
• Mitigate the risk of diabetes
• Reduce the risk of heart disease and other cardiovascular issues
ICHANGE helps patients by treating their gastrointestinal and liver issues while helping them lose weight. It is currently the only program of its kind in New York City.
ICHANGE incorporates weight management into its approach because excess weight can cause digestive issues such as heartburn, abdominal pain and bloating, changes in bowel habits and gallstones. Excess weight can also cause low levels of inflammation, which can injure organs like the liver and pancreas.
As one of the top gastroenterology programs in the country – in partnership with NewYork-Presbyterian, the #1 hospital in New York, according to U.S. News and World Report – we offer several treatment options. We also offer a wide range of weight loss options, including diet and exercise plans, medications and weight loss procedures.
Treatment Tailored to You
Our care plans are highly personalized and based on your medical history, lifestyle and concerns. No two plans are alike.
Each patient also receives a complimentary body composition analysis, which measures and tracks your weight, muscle mass and other criteria to more accurately assess your health.
Your Team of Experts
Care plans are developed and carried out by a team of healthcare experts. Each patient works with a nurse navigator, who helps them schedule appointments with each of their specialists.
ICHANGE team members include gastroenterologists, endocrinologists, registered dieticians, bariatric endoscopists and bariatric surgeons. As part of the program, patients are able to visit multiple physicians on the same day.
Why Choose Weill Cornell Medicine?
The ICHANGE program is the only program of its kind in New York City. Our personalized approach includes:
• Dietary recommendations based on your medical history, health goals and lifestyle
• Complimentary body composition analysis, which is a better marker of health than weight alone, that will be tracked over time
• Noninvasive assessment of liver fat using Fibroscan
• Nonsurgical, endoscopic options for weight loss
• The ability to see multiple specialists on the same day
• Telehealth (video) visits that make follow-up appointments more convenient.