Clinical Services: Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Genitourinary pathologists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine offer the following services to assess tissues of the prostate, bladder, kidney, and testis:
- Evaluation of biopsy tissues, with particular expertise in prostate biopsy assessment.
- Cutting-edge immunohistochemistry studies.
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) testing for translocations in renal cell carcinomas (TFE3 and TFEB tests).
- FISH assays for potential biomarkers of aggressive disease in prostate cancer, such as PTEN, AURKA (aurora kinase, particularly in neuroendocrine prostate cancer), and MYC.
- FISH probes for the prostate-specific test for ERG (a test developed based on research performed at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell).
- Genomic and epigenomic studies.