Specialties and Expertise
- Gynecology Consult
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Ovarian Cyst
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
Dr. Tamatha Fenster specializes in minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic gynecologic surgery. She uses the latest surgical innovations to treat all types of benign gynecologic conditions such as fibroids, endometriosis and ovarian cysts.
Dr. Fenster received her Bachelor of Arts degree from New York University, Masters degree in Biological and Physical Science from Touro College, and MD degree from The State University of New York Health Science Center at Syracuse. Dr. Fenster completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Beth Israel Medical Center and an American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL) accredited fellowship in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic gynecologic surgery at North Shore Long Island Jewish University Hospital.
Among Dr. Fenster’s honors are induction into the Gold Humanism Medical Honor Society, Founder’s Day Scholar at New York University, recipient of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG) Junior Fellow’s Scholarship and five residency teaching awards.
Dr. Fenster's expert surgical skills allow patients to have swift safe recoveries. Through discussion and education, she creates a partnership with her patients to ensure they will receive the best care possible.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., State University of New York Upstate Medical University, 2008
- M.S., Touro College, 2003
- B.A., New York University, 2000
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- * United Empire
- United Healthcare
- * United Healthcare - Community Plan
- * United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO