Tamatha B. Fenster, M.D., M.S.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Robotic Surgery
- Essure Tubal Ligation
- Ovarian Cyst
- Laparascopic/Hysteroscopic Surgery
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- * Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., State University of New York Upstate Medical University, 2008
- B.A., New York University, 2000
- M.S., Touro College, 2003
Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Dr. Tamatha Fenster specializes in minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic gynecologic surgery. She is trained in single incision surgery, robotic surgery, laparoscopic surgery hysteroscopy and endometrial ablation. Dr. Fenster uses these surgical approaches to treat all types of benign gynecologic conditions such as fibroids, endometriosis, BRCA prophylactic surgery and ovarian cysts. Dr. Fenster also has expertise in contraceptive counseling, hormone replacement therapy, sexual health, and abnormal pap smears.
Dr. Fenster holds a Bachelor’s of Art degree from New York University, a Master’s degree in Biological and Physical Science from Touro College, and a Medical degree from The State University of New York Health Science Center at Syracuse. Dr. Fenster completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Beth Israel Medical Center and a post-doctoral American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL) accredited fellowship in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic gynecologic surgery at North Shore Long Island Jewish University Hospital.
Among Dr. Fenster’s honors are induction into the Gold Humanism Medical Honor Society, Founder’s Day Scholar at New York University, recipient of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG) Junior Fellow’s Scholarship and five residency teaching awards.
Dr. Fenster believes in a comprehensive approach to women’s health care and encourages patient continuity. Through discussion and education, Dr. Fenster creates a partnership with her patients to ensure they will receive the best care possible.