Our Pediatric Allergy & Immunology Program provides diagnosis and comprehensive care for the full range of allergy and immunology disorders. As part of the Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Allergy & Immunology at Weill Cornell Medicine, our patients have access to doctors and healthcare professionals across the Pediatric sub-specialties when needed.
What Sets Us Apart
We are affiliated with Komansky Children's Hospital at NewYork-Presbyterian, the #1 ranked children's hospital in New York City on the 2018-2019 US News & World Report Best Children's Hospitals survey.
Services & Programs
Our allergy specialists care for infants, children, and adolescents with:
- Environmental allergies
- Food allergies and anaphylaxis
- Hymenoptera sting allergy
- Latex allergy
- Atopic and contact dermatitis
- Other allergy and immunology disorders
Diagnosis & Treatment
To determine the cause of your child's symptoms, we offer an array of diagnostic tests, such as
- Thorough medical history, family history, and physical examination
- Skin testing for environmental allergies
- Pulmonary function testing for asthmatics
- Blood tests to evaluate immune system function
We offer a wide range of treatments for children with allergies and immunodeficiencies, and customize our treatment approach to your child's specific medical condition. Our therapies may include:
The latest and most effective corticosteroids (anti-inflammatory medications for patients with asthma)
- Bronchodilators to ease breathing
- Immunotherapy (allergy shots and under-the-tongue treatments), which can help your child develop a tolerance to allergens
If an environmental source is triggering the allergy, we explore ways you can control or eliminate the allergen.