Please read our updated visitor policy. For information about COVID-19 including symptoms, prevention and travel advice, please read our patient guide. If you have developed a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory symptoms, please schedule a Video Visit to discuss symptoms with your provider.
You are here
Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
With nine full time physicians and some 35 voluntary ones, the Division of Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is a major academic-based program providing care that ranges from general dentistry to advanced surgical restorative and reconstructive procedures. We also offer two programs that are among only a few in the New York region: a dedicated children's dentistry facility and a dental center specializing in the care of patients with HIV disease. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we’re proud to be leaders in providing care as world-class New York City-based oral surgeons.
Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in a Leading NYC Academic Medical Center
We have recently completed a major renovation that has resulted in an expanded, state-of-the-art, 4,000-square-foot facility that can better serve our patients, provide a more comfortable environment and enhance our residency education and training experience.
From routine dental care on teeth and gums to advanced dental surgery, including innovative arthroscopic surgery on jaw joints and major reconstructive facial surgery, we provide a full range of dental and oral medical care.
Our specific areas of expertise include:
- General Dentistry, preventive, restorative and cosmetic; implant dentistry
- root canal procedures; periodontics (surgical and non-surgical)
- complex prosthodontics
- pediatric dentistry; oral and maxillofacial medicine and pathology
- dental rehabilitation under general anesthesia
- non-surgical care of temporomandibular joint disorders
- diagnosis and management of acute, chronic and atypical head, neck, facial and oral pain syndromes
- surgical management of temporomandibular joint derangements
- surgical management of benign diseases of the mouth and jaw
- surgical management for congenital and growth deformities and management of facial trauma.
Dr. David Behrman, head of Weill Cornell Medicine’s dentistry, oral and maxillofacial surgery program, explains what patients can expect when they come to his team for care.